Unofficial Mills

Big Brother 2008

goldengirl

Mikey is a dead cert to win now, he's been the only one that people haven't got a problem with :D . Darnell won't win which I'm very happy with, just anyone else please.

On the reports today that viewing figures had slipped a few 100,000 this year despite it being much better than last year, I have to wonder what the numbers for the online viewing and recordings are.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Former EastEnder Wendy Richard has apologised for offensive comments she made about Big Brother's Kat.

The 65-year-old actress - who appeared as a guest on offshoot talk show Big Brother's Little Brother - sparked a 'racism' row with a remark she made about Thai-born housemate Kathreya Kasisopa.

Wendy told LBC radio on Wednesday: "I'm so upset I'm so close to tears. I feel ill.

"I did not want to get BBLB in trouble. What I was trying to convey is that Kat did not betray her thoughts about what was going on in the house all of the time.

"I have just been told by an American friend that in the US, 'Oriental' is considered offensive and I did not know that. I did not mean to cause offence to anyone."

Wendy said on BBLB on Monday night: "What is it they say about these inscrutable Chinese? And she is Thai, but it is all Oriental isn't it? Well it is to me anyway."

Presenter George Lamb interrupted: "I don't think that is unique to Asian people, more to Kat."

Ofcom said it had received a number of complaints about the comments.

Wendy added to the radio station: "It's a long time since I was a school but I was thinking of those Arthur Conan Doyle books with Sherlock Holmes when it was the inscrutable Chinese.

"I'm terribly sorry and I certainly would not want to offend anyone, I'm not that sort of person. It has upset me a lot."

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/realitytv/big-brother/article.aspx?cp-documentid=9468584

Oh, it wasn't the worst series in my opinion, far better than last year (keep in mind I've only been watching religiously since BB5).

This year just ended in more of a dissapointment, until about half way through, I thought it was great. Unfortunately, when B-block had their way and got everyone else voted out, it went downhill.

We're still trying to figure out how Rachel got so much support, is it just people who feel sorry for her, or am I just a bad person because I prefer the baddies Luke and Bex over boring Rachel :rolleyes:

at last it has finished

i really hope that this series was the last one !

How many times have you said that in this thread now?

For anyone who's interested, the estimated percentages for the final (courtesy of DS BB forums that I still hate):

Darnell 14.90%

Rex 19.15%

Sara 19.85%

Mikey 22.45%

Rachel 23.65%

Very, very close. Yet Mikey and Sara still got better reactions than her, who knows.

I am so pleased with Rachel's win!! Even though I thought this was the most boring BB ever, the final was one of the best!

I find it interesting that people say Rachel did nothing to win! She did though. She remained dignified & quietly confident, in the face of all kinds of bullying and stuff being thrown at her! A lesser person would have gone to the Diary Room and quit. Very well done. This was the person I voted for last night. I think people are growing increasingly tired of the Kat-types with the jars of cookies. How old is she? Way too old for that kind of crap.

Well done, Rachel.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Why can't they just give it a rest, even if it's only for one year? It's such a tired format. If they want to keep the viewing figures going they need to have a serious rethink about the show. Or replace it with something more original/interesting...

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...