Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

I received an e-mail from someone posing as Paypal today (watch out for this, people). It claimed there was "unusual activity" on my account, then asked me to log in.. yeah, bloody right I would. When I looked at the sender address, it was not paypal's standard address at all.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received an e-mail from someone posing as Paypal today (watch out for this, people). It claimed there was "unusual activity" on my account, then asked me to log in.. yeah, bloody right I would. When I looked at the sender address, it was not paypal's standard address at all.

my friend got caught out by this. luckily police stopped his laptop being sent at exeter because it was dodgy but he lost over £100 in postage!

It was some people in america

Kitty <3

It's probably not the best place for my first post, but i could do with a rant!

I won tickets to go and see a BBC radio 4 recording of The Unbelievable Truth next Wednesday, featuring David Mitchell and Jack Dee, amongst others. I only got the tickets yesterday and as it's a bit short notice, can't really make my way to London without spending an absolute fortune!

I'm so gutted...I don't even know anybody in London who would like to go.

So...anyway. Hello UM ;)

Ah actual rubbish. Welcome along all the same!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Don't worry Grace, it really isn't about the quantity. As long as you have one really good friend you're very very lucky as not many people do. A lot of the time I erroneously consider people as my friends and they always end up disappointing me. At the moment I feel like I have three long-term real friends (my boyfriend and my two girl friends) and that's definitely more than enough :)

I agree, I only have about 3/4 people in my life that I would actually consider as close friends but that's enough for me. A lot of people who I thought were my friend have ended up disappointing me as well, but at least it's taught me to recognise who my true friends are (ie. the 3/4 people I just mentioned). One of them is one of my closest friends from school, despite the fact that she's gone the furthest away out of anyone I know who's gone away to uni (she's at Stirling) and we rarely see each other in person she still makes the effort to keep in contact, which is more than a lot of my so-called 'friends' who are a lot closer to where I am have done. At the end of the day it's all about quality not quantity.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Pay day. As fucking predicted they've under paid me. I'll now have to try and resolve it. Which will be no doubt next month now (after Christmas).

The bursary I was supposed to be paid by the UEA has also been stopped because the Student Loans Company 'accidentally' deleted my account :rolleyes:

My best friend is being a tosser and then when I complain it's magically my fault somehow. If he lived nearer I'd go round and slap him.

Also, I want to go home but can't for 20 days.

Jeezers, you want to get those hours sorted out!

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

Hollyoaks storyline about Tony being branded a paedophile is really quite upsetting. The police were bullying into getting a confession about him and he took in a family friend's child in the cafe as the mother failed to turn up at school and the people assumed she was his next victim.

My friend's ex boyfriend keeps asking me on Facebook when I'm next out in town, and tomorrow he wants to know which club we're all going to so he can come with his friends too. He's given me his number but I'm not letting him know where we're at. I obviously value my friend more over him, he just won't take the hint!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

My day is getting worse. My ME is making my memory go from being photographic to that of an elderly person. Tonight I was given my sisters' parking permit which is very important. In the space of three hours I lost it. Now that's clumsiness but at least I'd know where I'd been or put it somewhere sensible.

My nan is also pretty ill and she keeps thinking not drinking is the right option. That's only made things worse.

My housemate's parents and grandma are here. I want some breakfast but I can't really be bothered to talk to them. I would also quite like some more sleep but there's 4 northwesterners talking right outside my room.

I have too many things to do and not enough time to do them. Stayed on campus till after 9 last night, when my brain turned to mush but I got 686 words of essay written.

I'm also having problems with the men in my life. Two men specifically. One of them has gone away for a week which might help things temporarily, although I do miss having him around.

It makes me sad that we waste so much energy on unrequited feelings, but can't stop ourselves.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

my friend got caught out by this. luckily police stopped his laptop being sent at exeter because it was dodgy but he lost over £100 in postage!

It was some people in america

It's awful. A friend of my mum's son was at the checkout in Morrison's locally, only to be told he had nothing in his Bank Account!!! He almost collapsed. He's got most of the money back now though.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Would I be correct in thinking that the email address of this perticular scam is @notify-server-x.com?

Name and shame, make the world a better place :P

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

My uncle is owed £3,000 for building work. The customer, who he did the work for in May, kept delaying payment. When we piled on the pressure she said she'd pay December 1st. Needless to say the day has come and the cheque isn't here. Looks like it's going to be another headache.