Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

I'm having the worst day ever today, it's all going belly up.

It started at lunchtime when I received a phone call from my little girl who was spending her lunchbreak with her grandma, telling me that Oma was talking very weird and what should she do? So I rushed over there like a crazed woman to find a very poorly Oma and a petrified little girl. Looks like the mother in law has had a kind of stroke find out more tomorrow so after holding it all together for the rest of the day I decided to call my mum for a comfort chat, she picked up the phone in tears, some of her friends were killed in an aircrash this weekend. My mum hardly ever cries so that upset me too. I need to be here for everyone yet all I really want is a cuddle with my mum.:(

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having the worst day ever today, it's all going belly up.

It started at lunchtime when I received a phone call from my little girl who was spending her lunchbreak with her grandma, telling me that Oma was talking very weird and what should she do? So I rushed over there like a crazed woman to find a very poorly Oma and a petrified little girl. Looks like the mother in law has had a kind of stroke find out more tomorrow so after holding it all together for the rest of the day I decided to call my mum for a comfort chat, she picked up the phone in tears, some of her friends were killed in an aircrash this weekend. My mum hardly ever cries so that upset me too. I need to be here for everyone yet all I really want is a cuddle with my mum.:(

Oh God, that's awful. I'm sending wishes and hugs, hope it gets better soon.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Nikki and Emma, I'm really sorry to hear about both of your days. That sounds like two really big shocks Nikki, I hope your mother in law is alright and I'm sorry to hear about your mother's losses.

Emma, I hope you get better soon, stomach bugs are really nasty but don't usually last more than 24 hours.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Ouch, Mike!

Well, mine doesn't suck, it's more annoying - some barsteward in my kitchen keeps on using my baking tray without asking, and then doesn't wash it up! Grr, I could have screamed this morning.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Guest CancerForTheCure
My dad. Talking to me like i'm stupid, nothings ever his fault... Patronising moron...

I need to get out of here...

I'm Shaking. So angry.

Not my fault.

Oh no, I hate family problems :( And there isn't much you can do either. I hope you're ok.

I'm very ill, very tired and suffering from work overload. Why does every single lecturer think his module is the most important one :rolleyes:

Why does every single lecturer think his module is the most important one :rolleyes:

Welcome to university.................. sometimes you do get a lot of work at once but all you can do is your best, usually you'll find that you manage to get everything done anyway. Just try not to push yourself too hard. *hug*

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I'm in a funny mood today. I woke up during the night, and there definitely were noises in my bedroom, and I had a feeling of malevolence towards me. It was very odd, and has disturbed me this morning.

It's the ghosts & ghoulies getting ready for Friday ;)

Nothing much sucks actually except for Chairman Meow deciding to urinate on the kitchen floor instead of the litter tray:|

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

I'm actually close to tears.

I've just found out that some people who work for the same company as my dad being made redundant. If my dad is too (we dont know yet) then i might be leaving my life behind in Newbury (30 miles from southampton) and Moving to the Lake District (30 miles from fucking scotland). I dont know what to do... When i was 3, i moved from Preston to Warrington, when i was 6, i moved from Warrington to Tadley, When i was 12 i moved from Tadley to Newbury... and now i might be moving again. I actually hate life sometimes.

Since i've moved here, i've built myself a life, i've grown up and met people who i love to pieces, people who have been there for me over the years... I can't do that again.

I don't know what to do, i'm actually crying now... :(

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I'm actually close to tears.

I've just found out that some people who work for the same company as my dad being made redundant. If my dad is too (we dont know yet) then i might be leaving my life behind in Newbury (30 miles from southampton) and Moving to the Lake District (30 miles from fucking scotland). I dont know what to do... When i was 3, i moved from Preston to Warrington, when i was 6, i moved from Warrington to Tadley, When i was 12 i moved from Tadley to Newbury... and now i might be moving again. I actually hate life sometimes.

Since i've moved here, i've built myself a life, i've grown up and met people who i love to pieces, people who have been there for me over the years... I can't do that again.

I don't know what to do, i'm actually crying now... :(

sending you a big hug and a tissue. It sounds like a horrible situation to be in, I'm sure that the not knowing for sure isn't helping either.

So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I can't get Tunebite to work. It's a great program, but the latest version is pants. I got it because I couldn't re-download the old version, and it's just conflicting with my Realtek driver. I downloaded the latest version of the driver and it just throws a hissy fit when I try to install Tunebite. Their support forum doesn't give any real answer either.

DC, I'm really sorry to hear that your mum's lost her job.

Mike, I hope you don't have to move again. It is really hard being uprooted like that when you've made friends where you are. Is there any chance you might be able to stay in Newbury if your parents moved away?

I'm at home and I'll be pretty fed up of the parents soon, it's hard living with them when I'm used to living independently. It's nice to be using something other than Tesco value toilet paper though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

My pathetic employer who continues to buy technology that JUST DOES NOT WORK. The finger print scanner I complained about months ago is going to start tomorrow and it will control our wages. My finger print has already selected five different workers instead of me! The boss refuses to listen to our problems with it, and I just hope he loses the leash of the store real soon.

If they stuff up our wages on the 28th November it will mean pay will not turn up until 28th December. That's AFTER christmas.

Is this the same employer you have been with for a while? Your boss seems like a nightmare.....

NO one seems to want this to happen. I've asked him so many questions about it and I've had no answers. Our store boss (rather than the boss owner) has gone on holiday and the assistant managers have no idea how to use it. I feel like sending him another letter telling him to try it for a week and see how frustrating it is.

He continues to reply to my letters reminding me 25 of his staff have worked in his other store for more than 10 years. Only because they don't have any of this hassle... we're not his other store!

I can't stand petty, small-minded, self-interested bosses. It seems there are plenty of them about though...

Saw this and thought of you (Star Wars ref. - if you've ever seen it - ahem). Hope everything works out OK Jono.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0

*hugs for Mike and dc's mum too.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I had a horrible day at work, I came down really feverish halfway through the day, but because the new kid had phoned in sick with a fucking hangover (we told our manager he'd been going on about how he had a party last night and didn't want to come in today all week, I hope he gets what he deserved for that, it left us right up shit creek) I couldn't really go home, as I've got a conscience and didn't want to leave more work for the others on my department, especially as we've been having grief from the store manager. So I was miserable all day because of somebody else who's unable to handle their alcohol.

Can you tell I'm a little bit pissed off?