Unofficial Mills

What Makes You Happy ?

charli

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend lives 6000 miles from me so I only get to see her 4-5 times a year. So that frist embrace after 3-4 months makes me more then happy

The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a bit

News that the Liberal Democrats are becoming increasingly dissatisfied with leader Menzies 'Ming' Campbell and are suggesting he resign or face a leadership challenge.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/libdems/story/0,,2189705,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

Why has it taken them so long to realize? Why did they elect him in the first place? If Simon Hughes becomes involved in a leadership challenge and subsequently wins then I'll reconsider my support for the Liberal Democrats.

I'm happy with their discontent.

Why has it taken them so long to realize? Why did they elect him in the first place? If Simon Hughes becomes involved in a leadership challenge and subsequently wins then I'll reconsider my support for the Liberal Democrats.

I'm also pleased that they are realising their mistake by going with Ming as leader.

He might well be a nice bloke, but HOW can he possibly compete (and indeed represent the party) in this day and age? Image seems to be everything, and he doesn't quite cut the mustard on the image stakes, and that's putting it tactfully.

I have ALWAYS really liked and often agreed with Simon Hughes' views (and as an oldie, have been following him for quite some time). Am I right in thinking he was taken out of the leadership running for a gay experience (can't recall)?

WHY are people so bl**dy preoccupied with politicians' private/sex lives? Their private life should be exactly that; it is irrelevant, as long as they are doing their job properly.

If I HAD TO name the best US President during my lifetime, it would certainly be Clinton; and look what he got upto in his free time.... Cigar anyone?

A politician's personal foibles should have no bearing on their political career.

Who cares?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I think Simon Hughes has the potential to take the Liberal Democrats to the left, where they will be well-positioned to offer a real alternative to the homogeneity of New Labour and the Tories.

His sexuality has no bearing on my support for him.

News that the Liberal Democrats are becoming increasingly dissatisfied with leader Menzies 'Ming' Campbell and are suggesting he resign or face a leadership challenge.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/libdems/story/0,,2189705,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

Well, you must be over the moon this evening then Serin! :D

Just who is going to take on the mantle of leader from Ming though? Huhne or Clegg are rumoured to be contenders, but I don't know a great deal about them... need to do a little reasearch.

Re: your subsequent post. I wasn't implying, incidentally, that your sexuality in any way infuenced your vote - mine certainly doesn't. Merely asking you a question, as you seem so well-informed.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Well, you must be over the moon this evening then Serin! :D

Just who is going to take on the mantle of leader from Ming though? Huhne or Clegg are rumoured to be contenders, but I don't know a great deal about them... need to do a little reasearch.

Huhne all the way (if he stands)

Re: your subsequent post. I wasn't implying, incidentally, that your sexuality in any way infuenced your vote - mine certainly doesn't. Merely asking you a question, as you seem so well-informed.

No worries. I always judge politicians on their political convictions and/or ideologies and I do agree that sexuality in any profession today is completely irrelevant or unimportant.