Unofficial Mills

Smoking **Not for the Squeamish!!**

Geezer7348

Will the new images on tobacco products help you quit smoking?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will the new images on tobacco products help you quit smoking?

• Yes definately
    • No, it has no effect on me
    • I've never smoked
    • I no longer smoke

Ex smoker here - I started at 12 so age restrictions made no difference, almost all my family smoked, there were always cigarettes in the house. Only managed to finally give up when a change of lifestyle meant I no longer saw my smoker friends. Motivation is the key - scary repulsive pictures may make the habit seem less cool, but only an inner personal decision to quit will work in the end. Just like any addiction really.

UM is a nice place

People will happily sit with a box in front of them with the words "Smoking kills" and "Smoking causes impotence" and smoke cigarettes out of it so I don't think this will make much difference, people will get used to the images and not notice them.

I don't think raising the age to 18 will make any difference at all unless they actually ID in the same way they do with alcohol, and 16 and 17 year olds drink.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

C_71_Articles_214309_BodyWeb_Detail_0_Image.jpg

That would be enough for me! Ughh. I don't smoke, I never have, I think it's horrible and I don't see any point.

Those things they have on packets now are stupid. It makes me sick when i see someone smoking and the packet says something like "smoking seriously harms children"

and they're sat there smoking happily, not arsed.

It's disgusting