Unofficial Mills

Sam and Danni new presenters of weekend breakfast

Lily Georgia

24 minutes ago, 1_tw said:

I’m liking the fact that Sam and Danni now have weekend breakfast but at the expense of Adele who is leaving

Yes I assumed they were more likely to get early breakfast, but it's great they're joining the family permanently. Gutted for Adele - but I trust she's got something in the pipeline.

I remember Aled saying he wasn't a fan of Radio 1 being broken up and run elsewhere, but seems Cardiff is becoming an important base for R1 and R2. 

1 hour ago, Jono said:

Yes I assumed they were more likely to get early breakfast, but it's great they're joining the family permanently. Gutted for Adele - but I trust she's got something in the pipeline.

I remember Aled saying he wasn't a fan of Radio 1 being broken up and run elsewhere, but seems Cardiff is becoming an important base for R1 and R2. 

I suppose with Radio 2 moving out of Wogan House in the next few years, their remaining London based shows will make use of the studio space on the 8th floor.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2023 at 8:02 AM, TheSaviourisHere said:

Anyone know how old Sam and Danni are trying to work who the youngest is at Radio 1 nowadays

when they did the Christmas takeover of December 2021 Danni was 23 whilst sam was 22 if that helps

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TheSaviourisHere said:

So far just loads of shout outs and voice notes i am excited for what features they have

I think its a hard job making features for the weekend breakfast show as don’t think theres been any big features I felt both Matt & Mollie and Dev & Alice were using ideas that they used elsewhere in the schedule and Dev’s time on the slot felt like he was doing pass the time car games that he could just use when ever he’s covering. It feels much of a filler slot in the station less in your face content heavy breakfast show than week-days. I think and do hope they have the chance of making it something that is the first since Nick Grimshaw has quality and content to lead to a promotion up the station. I think where as with Aled there has been some big poaches from commercial rivals like Jack Saunders, Vick Hope, Rickie, Melvin and Charlie to Vicky Hawkesworth. Think the next age and era of who fills what ever gaps that need filling come up more organically.

I liked the show. It will no doubt take them time to settle into the show, the features will come in time. I wonder who comes up with them if its them or the producers. 

In the way of features, I've mentioned before that James cusack always has very strong and funny features and more than anything they are original like the hiss off game he did. We laughed at that at work. He's also a very likeable guy and gives off that mate feel like sam and danni do. Pretty easy for Aled to expand his show into a regular for radio 1