Unofficial Mills

Sacked...

Mike

Hey, just a quick note to anyone who did listen to my radio show

As of today i am no longer presenting on OTC, this is due to the fact me and the boss of the station had yet another argument last night, which turned nasty and anyway i got fired.

Just thought i'd i'd let everyone know in one go rather than typing again and again and again hehe. so yeah

For more information:

MSN: Leigh Last: [email protected]

And if you wanna keep in touch with what i am up to on the radio side of things, and there is something HUGE!! in the pipeline ;) add me to MSN:

[email protected]

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear, well what the hell happened? you had a very strong following as far as i can tell! was it playlist restrictions? i had that problem with my old show now and again when i had to stick to the playlist. well if you decide to go on in radio in the future, then you can still use this as a boosting point. everyone loves experience.

i can hear the jingle now, "mike redding, more of a rebel than tim shaw!"

on the grid.

Sacked? Its not as if they were paying you? It's only a Internet Radio station - they take it so seriously there ...

Personally, I think you can build on your experience of working for OTC and go further now and prove Tim Willett (is it still him?) that you're better than being on a Internet Radio Station.

I've listened a few times and you sound pretty good, its now time to improve on that and find another station somewhere. I'm sure there is a community station happy to take you on. If you keep on with the Station you're with, who knows? Have you considered looking to see if you live near a Uni or Hosp station?

I'm sure Mills and Moyles got sacked from jobs, I know Moyles certainly did and look where they both are now!

Good luck !

507033771.183.1247039672.png

yeah thats a good idea. after you have taken your exams etc. community stations or college radio stations are great. some are on fm and some are on am, we went from am to fm recently. but if you are on am expect the majority of your listeners to be internet based, you shouldn't have any problems with that anyway.

on the grid.

yeah thats a good idea. after you have taken your exams etc. community stations or college radio stations are great. some are on fm and some are on am, we went from am to fm recently. but if you are on am expect the majority of your listeners to be internet based, you shouldn't have any problems with that anyway.

Indeed, I certainly echo this!

Mike: you're next aim is go one better and find somewhere you can carry on to gain 'on air' experience as a presenter, or whatever you want to do.

The younger you gain Hosptial/ Community Radio the better it gives you in gaining a real Radio job. I've heard a few presenters and you've got a damn good idea of not making yourself sound like you've got a cold with that stupid DJ twang that some people do on their demos and on air...

"mike redding, more of a rebel than tim shaw!"

I can do better than that:

"They couldn’t find an Radio Station big enough for his ego – so they put him on an internet radio station instead. Mike Redding on Off The Chart Radio"

"Bird Flu, Steven Seagal and Pot Noodles - all of these are deadly, but none have had the hit rate of this man - Mike Redding. This week you will need to strap on the body armour and spend time listening to Mike Redding ... "

507033771.183.1247039672.png

Oh come on, you've done better than me on the radio game lol

Thanks to everyone for your messages, i didn't know i had a following!! over 50-odd messages from people all over the world!

Well i shall keep you all updated on my future shows, and i can do this by announcing that i am not doing afternoons anymore in the near future... which means friday i can listen to the wonder years!! woo! haha

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Noooooooo, no more hamster running around the wheel of radio.......? Well, at least on OTC anyway, haha. That's a shame, I really enjoyed listening to you Mike - as well as the many hundreds of mentions that you gave me, haha. Now who will I get to give my mum and dad an anniversary shoutout next year...?

Oh well, good luck with whatever it is you have "in the pipeline" and hope to see you make a return to the radio waves in the not-too-distant future, you are a genuinely really good DJ and deserve to go far. :D

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

They've done you a favour!

Surely you can move on to a much better place, where you don't have to constantly bicker with the boss, and you'll be appreciated.

Should we start a campaign, all sign a petition for you?:D

You certainly have lots of fans to cite in your CV references!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.