Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 and 2 predictions

abertom

2 hours ago, AndyK77 said:

Here's a curveball predication.

Arielle Free to leave for big slot at Kiss or Capital Dance.

I can see her staying. But if they don’t give her a prime slot which trends of recent early morning presenters havent faired well in terms of promotions with Adele Roberts, Dev Griffin and Gemma Cairney. She would need to buck a trend. I wonder if this is the year that Kiss FM could replace Kiss Fresh with another nostalgia driven or more centred Dance or Bliss on DAB only to try to go and reach a more mass appeal that isn’t just dependent on a youth audiences on DAB. Compared to the names and the brand that Greatest Hits, Absolute and Hits Radio. It could be said Kiss could do with bit of attention. But can’t see this meaning that they poach a name like Arrielle Free. With Capital Dance they already got quite a packed line-up for a sister music playlisted station that they dont often offer the listener with presenters like MistaJam, Coco Cole, Charlie Powell, Matti Chaib, Zofia and Meg McHugh.

13 hours ago, AndyK77 said:

Here's a curveball prediction.

Arielle Free to leave for big slot at Kiss or Capital Dance.

I can actually see this happening. Specially as Mistajam is basically the Station Manager/programme Director for Cap Dance. I reckon she could be in line for breakfast there if the current presenter moved on to regular Capital.

• 2 weeks later...

A random one, but as dance music has a back catelogue stretching to the late 80s and early 90s. It's a wonder Radio 2 don't give Dave Pearce a permanent show by now. I know he's done new years eve for them once or twice over the past few years. Kisstory have scooped up one or two of his old colleagues, notibly Judge Jules recently for the legends slot on Saturdays.

With something like that it would take the shackles off Radio 1 for them to play tracks no older than 2017/18 on Dance Anthems. Don't get me wrong I think dance music was at its best in the 90s and 00s, but the more time passes it feels like tunes by Modjo, Daft Punk, early Tiesto etc are more of a Radio 2 thing now. 

on the grid.

48 minutes ago, DC said:

A random one, but as dance music has a back catelogue stretching to the late 80s and early 90s. It's a wonder Radio 2 don't give Dave Pearce a permanent show by now. I know he's done new years eve for them once or twice over the past few years. Kisstory have scooped up one or two of his old colleagues, notibly Judge Jules recently for the legends slot on Saturdays.

With something like that it would take the shackles off Radio 1 for them to play tracks no older than 2017/18 on Dance Anthems. Don't get me wrong I think dance music was at its best in the 90s and 00s, but the more time passes it feels like tunes by Modjo, Daft Punk, early Tiesto etc are more of a Radio 2 thing now. 

Agreed that hearing nineties songs on radio 1 dance anthems so regularly feels odd when would feature on Heart Dance and BBC 6 Rave for ever and sound of the 90s stuff on 2 would find Dave Pearce and even Pete Tong having Dance classics shows on Radio 2 would fit more. As with radio 1 in Saturday afternoons should broaden the contemporary stuff reflect more recent trends of jungle, house and even Afro house and Afrobeats as said with EDM making it feel varied