Jump to content
  • New on Unofficial Mills


Dan18F1

Schedule Changes

Recommended Posts


Katie's actually sounding quite good on Greatest Hits. I think she's a more capable broadcaster than Cel Spellman, although she sounds identical to Adele Roberts which might not help her career for as long as Adele's still at the station. 

She just dedicated Sweet Dreams My LA Ex by Rachel Stevens to Warrick Brownlow-Pike - someone people of my age might be more familiar with as Oucho T Cactus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OohErr said:

Katie's actually sounding quite good on Greatest Hits. I think she's a more capable broadcaster than Cel Spellman, although she sounds identical to Adele Roberts which might not help her career for as long as Adele's still at the station. 

She just dedicated Sweet Dreams My LA Ex by Rachel Stevens to Warrick Brownlow-Pike - someone people of my age might be more familiar with as Oucho T Cactus!

I've just wanted to say the same thing - Katie reminds me a lot of Adele. Not only do they sound similar, but I'd also say that they've got pretty similar style of presenting. Rather on the 'standard' side, no wacky features but solid, good, technical presenting. I'm a massive fan of Adele because she's such a lovely person. Katie sounds so much better than Maya. It would be really lovely to have her every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't noticed how similar Katie and Adele sound until you mentioned it, maybe because I'm also a northerner. I agree she's a good presenter but I thinks she suits the format of Life Hacks/The Surgery more than daytime music-led shows. That said, it would be good to hear her do more cover when Jordan's not available.

Ali Plumb off of Movies is in for Phil Taggart tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Darren m said:

I wonder whether next time  matts off mollie king with cover solo as she is soon to be a permanent presenter 

Well, Chris doesn't cover Scott's show by himself so I wouldn't say she will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I’d just put all these schedule changes together:

Rest of today:

Matt in for Scott, Jordan in for Greg, Grimmy in for Annie.

Rest of the week:

Matt in for Scott, Grimmy and Bastille in for Annie

Friday:

Alice and Dev in for Grimmy, Danny in for Annie, Hannah Wants in for Danny.

Next Saturday: 

Dev is doing Weekend Breakfast solo (again)

Next Sunday: 

Cel is doing Life Hacks solo

Next Monday: 

Jordan in for Adele, Scott and Chris in for Grimmy, Adele in for Clara, Matt and Mollie in for Scott,  Clara in for Annie

Rest of the week: 

Scott and Chris in for Grimmy, Matt and Mollie in for Scott, Clara and Blossoms in for Annie

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

7 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

 

Next Monday: 

Jordan in for Adele, Scott and Chris in for Grimmy, Adele in for Clara, Matt and Mollie in for Scott,  Clara in for Annie

Rest of the week: 

Scott and Chris in for Grimmy, Matt and Mollie in for Scott, Clara and Blossoms in for Annie

 

 

I wonder why, which has been the theme this week, the Monday the standard presenter gets their show covered and does the Annie Mac one but the other four days does two shows? not that I'm saying its wrong just seems funny, maybe to give them more prep time ? meet the crew they are working with? 

Why not get Mistajam to cover Annie per usual? is it because hes also doing the chart and 1xtra drive is a more prominent slot? 

I also think Greg is being short changed a bit, although he is getting to do prime time BBC 1 on a Friday (Scott's TV at the moment is limited to BBC 4 and iplayer) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aleks_ said:

Also, I think it's worth to point out that in the past it was Cel in for Greg and Jordan in for Adele and now it's the other way round. A tiny bit of an upgrade for Jordan!

Cel has never been Greg's cover. Think he did it once on a bank holiday but Dev and Jordan are now Greg's cover in that they do full weeks and normal weekdays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, murste said:

Cel has never been Greg's cover. Think he did it once on a bank holiday but Dev and Jordan are now Greg's cover in that they do full weeks and normal weekdays. 

I wonder who’s the main cover for all the daytime shows. I think it’s this:

Adele - Jordan

Nick - Scott, Maybe Alice and Dev as well

Clara - Adele and Jordan

Scott - Matt (and Mollie)

Greg - Jordan and Dev

Weekend: 

Alice and Dev - One of them does it solo

Greatest Hits - No idea: Maybe Katie, maybe Adele 

Matt - Jordan

It does surprise me how much cover Jordan really does looking at this and how little amount Alice and Maya do. 

If anyone knows of anything that I’ve missed then just say. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

I wonder who’s the main cover for all the daytime shows. I think it’s this:

Adele - Jordan

Nick - Scott, Maybe Alice and Dev as well

Clara - Adele and Jordan

Scott - Matt (and Mollie)

Greg - Jordan and Dev

Weekend: 

Alice and Dev - One of them does it solo

Greatest Hits - No idea: Maybe Katie, maybe Adele 

Matt - Jordan

It does surprise me how much cover Jordan really does looking at this and how little amount Alice and Maya do. 

If anyone knows of anything that I’ve missed then just say. 

 

 

That sounds about right, although it's not unheard of for Alice or Dev to do full weeks in for Scott, sometimes with Chris Stark, although it hasn't happened for a while.

It doesn't surprise me that Maya isn't used for daytime cover (although she's only been there two minutes, so we'll see). I highly doubt she could carry a personality show by herself. Alice Levine can though, but she's busy enough at weekends, nevermind weekday cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always think it's such a shame Alice doesn't do more weekday cover. I hope it's just that she isn't available rather than Radio 1 not asking her. She was Fearne Cotton's main cover but ever since Clara took over, it seems to be Adele (who's brilliant btw). Alice has always been brilliant covering the main personality shows like Scott and Greg - I wish she did it more. Alice/ Matt covering Scott and Alice/Jordan covering Greg would be pretty strong in my opinion. Sorry but Dev is just an instant turnoff when he's in for Greg.

Also thought Katie Thistleton sounded great at the weekend. Hope she gets to do more cover by herself on Greatest Hits or early breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest Weekend Schedule:

Saturday
6:00am Yasser
10:00am Greatest Hits with Maya and Jordan
12:00pm Ed Sheeran (Matt & Mollie)
2:00pm Anne-Marie, Jess Glynne (Scott, Chris & Clara)
4:00pm Liam Payne, George Ezra (Greg, Katie & Mistajam)
6:00pm Clean Bandit, Years and Years (Dev, Alice & Cel)
7:45pm Craig David, Sam Smith (Annie, Grimmy & Charlie)
Sunday
6:00am Yasser
10:00am Greatest Hits with Maya and Jordan
12:00pm Rita Ora (Matt & Mollie)
2:00pm Niall Horan, Demi Lovato (Scott, Chris & Clara)
4:00pm Jason Derulo, Camila Cabello (Greg, Katie & Cel)
6:00pm Thirty Seconds to Mars, Shawn Mendes (Dev & Alice)
7:45pm Taylor Swift, Florence (Annie, Grimmy & Charlie)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About what I was expecting really. A bit of a shame that Matt and Adele aren’t doing the 10 till 1 slot again as I really enjoyed them opening the whole thing up last year. In fact, Adele isn’t even there. That’s strange. 

Also, why is Ed Sheeran on so early. Most people won’t be there by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...