Jump to content
  • Sponsored Message



  • Who was online

  • Posts

    • Business as usual 🤣
    • What happened to the “big bang” return of VKJ that Katie promised us? It’s sooo beyond a joke at this point.
    • I do wonder if how successful Mollie King has been has made Radio 1 bosses believe they have the magic formula into how to turn celebs into great radio DJs. As between Danny Beard, Sophie Habboo and now G.K. Barry they've kept trying the celeb route since and it's not really worked. Jamie is the only one whose even been close to a success.  What they seem to have missed is a) Mollie clearly fell in love with radio quickly, b) she showed potential even at the start and by pairing her with Matt they allowed her the perfect environment to develop , c) she clearly took it seriously as a career and it wasn't just 'a thing on the side'.  And yep throwing celebs into weekday daytime in place of more established DJs is an instant way to get a celeb on the back foot with regular listeners. Even if GK Barry had been good, booting Matt & Mollie off for a day to fit her in is an instant hospital pass - and the show being a pre-record was the cherry on the cake.  This 'GK Barry Show' stuff feels Aled's "Kelly Osbourne on the Surgery" moment. 
    • I’ve been thinking the same thing @Rob86 I saw a clip of her online the other day listing all the work she’s doing atm and there was no mention of R1. Bringing in an audience is clearly why she’s been brought in but she’s not even promoting it
    • What I find really interesting is that GK, with her big social media presence and constant posting, has not posted about Radio 1 at all since starting, not even in her stories. She’s constantly posting about her other work - the Big Brother show, Loose Women and saying how much she enjoys them. But zilch about Radio 1. She did initially share a Radio 1 reel, but she doesn’t even do that anymore.  And she doesn’t even follow Radio 1 on Instagram.  It gives the impression she’s not enjoying it. I can’t imagine she’s enjoying the criticism and I’ll be surprised if she does any more shows after this. I actually enjoyed her shows last year and I remember she posted about them on Instagram quite a bit - but they were much better cos a) they were live, b) they had an experienced DJ with her, eg. Melvin, c) they were at the weekend, not taking Matt and Millie’s slot.  I think GK’s been failed by Radio 1 management actually - she’s been set up to fail with a pre record, no co host and a slot that’s too prominent for someone new. 
    • Emil says he is doing Monday and Tuesdays in October, presume Vick will just be doing 2 day weeks for this month
    • Is Vick doing Monday - Thursday next week?
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      8504
    • Most Online
      7542

    Newest Member
    Dan20mz
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...