Unofficial Mills

Vernon To Host Strictly?

James R

Vernon Kay may jump ship from ITV to BBC - fuelling speculation he could take over from Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing.

Kay's ITV contract is up for renewal in February and BBC are keen to lure him.

Tv insiders say it would be a great twist to have husband-and-wife team Vernon and Tess Daly both working on the hit dancing show.

But much will depend on whether Brucie decides to step down. A source said: "Brucie is a legend and if he leaves it will be because he wants to. It's up to him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/11/11/vernon-kay-may-leave-itv-for-bbc-fuelling-strictly-come-dancing-rumours-115875-21812856/

Dear God, or at the very least Jay Hunt, Controller of BBC One: please tell us the rumour’s unfounded. Surely to goodness you aren’t planning to replace Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing with Vernon Kay.

Kay comes across as a lovely, kind, decent, friendly man. I’m sure he’d be wonderful working in a nursery school or a retirement home. But as a TV presenter he’s blander than a Rich Tea biscuit. On screen there’s simply nothing to him. He’s basically a smile in a suit, a beaming blank, a nodding dog with exemplary dental work.

He’s all sheen and no substance. That’s the reason he’s always been given rotten shows: Beat the Star, All Star Family Fortunes, Boys and Girls. They’re turds, and it’s his job to polish them.

I know people say Forsyth is too old. But I don’t care how old he gets. I’d sooner see Strictly presented by his corpse than by Kay.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/michaeldeacon/100016433/vernon-kay-to-replace-bruce-forsyth-on-strictly-come-dancing-oh-please-god-no/

james_ryder.png

I think there could be some truth in the rumours. I mean he would seem a logical replacement for Brucie, particularly as he has a fair amount of respect from Forsyth.

And I reckon to the BBC Vern & Tess is the dream team, but surely Strictly would clash with his R1 show

james_ryder.png

We all know in 2010 Vernon is unlikely to be doing a Saturday morning show.

True, he has done well do carry on this long and has less time off than Fern. At least Vern still does his show even when hes got TV. Its a shame if he does go because his Saturday show is always good

james_ryder.png

It does seem to make sense. I think he'd do a good job of it actually.

The boyf and I were thinking Anton dB was next in line, but that he might have stuffed that up with his 'Paki' comment.

Anton is awful. And thats just from the HITW clip with Comedy Dave. Replace the Vern with Anton in the article having a dig above

james_ryder.png

We all know in 2010 Vernon is unlikely to be doing a Saturday morning show.
Where do we know that from? Do you really think he is doing a weekday morning show (aka breakfast)? Heaven forbid!

I am with the telegraph-blogger when it comes to Vernon:

I’d sooner see Strictly presented by his corpse than by Kay.

unique...

Granted some of the shows Vernons been involved in were a bit ropey but to call Family Fortunes bad is a bit much, its a funny show with a very simple format and he definitly brings something to it. I've never been a fan of "Brucie", didnt like him in anythin I've seen him in, I find him very irritating and a bit of a showman (but not in a good way).

I dont watch SCD as the idea of watchin people do ballroom dancing is 1 of the most boring things I can think of, and as much as I think Vernon is a legend I dont think he would be very good presenting it, purely cos of his style of presenting and his sense of humour (which I happen to find very funny)

I sincerely hope this isnt true

Not impressed with censorship