Unofficial Mills

Noel quits Oasis

Jono

Looks like Blur have won the Britpop revival...

Noel Gallagher says has quit Oasis after his turbulent relationship with brother Noel reached breaking point.

The announcement came just hours after the band cancelled their second gig in a week.

Noel said in a statement: "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight.

"People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

The band were scheduled to perform at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris this evening.

But the crowd were told by Bloc Party, who were due to perform before Oasis, that the Manchester band would not be taking the stage.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Liam-Gallagher-Splits-From-Oasis-Following-Feud-With-Noel/Article/200908415370808?lpos=Showbiz_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15370808_Liam_Gallagher_Splits_From_Oasis_Following_Feud_With_Noel

How anyone could ever even have compared these two bands has always been beyond me.

Oasis Vs Blur? Please? More like Beatles tribute band Vs Talented composers and musicians. Look at what Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon have achieved.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate some of Oasis' work, but I do respect Noel for finally cutting himself free from his frankly pretty useless sibling. Perhaps he'll produce some truly amazing stuff now.

Edit: Currently doing an Oasis listen, on the headphones (boyf is not too keen on them - in any way shape or form!!!1111) I'd forgotten how many good songs they'd produced. Hmm

Still think Liam's a tit though.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

To be quite honest, i'm not really surprised poor Noel has hot footed it. He's spent years arguing with the his mouthy younger brother and let face it, he has had to cover up for Liam when he takes one of his hissy fits and storms off the stage in the middle of a gig so many times.

I hope they sort it though because when all is said and done, they are still brothers.

Lisa

x

I was shocked hearing about this yesterday exiting the Reading festival carpark! My heart does go out to Noel, Andy, Gem and Chris for Liam's childish attitude. They will no doubt be back in the future. In terms of who is better in the whole Oasis Vs Blur thing... each have their own unique qualities but Oasis, in my head are better.

If it truly is the last of Oasis, I do hope Noel goes into some solo work, some of the best songs have been written and sung by Noel!

I hate them, thank god they'll hopefully never release another dreadful single or album, or even an EP.

now I'mma gonna crawl into a little corner of the site where no hateful replies can hurt me :blah:

No worries Nik. I'm pretty certain you have plenty of people to watch your back on this. Timsk for one. I'm pretty neutral, ie. meh, whatever etc. on the matter. Looking forward to seeing what Noel comes up with as a solo artist though.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.