Unofficial Mills

Rajar Q2 2009

Robbie Keane

Seems that this one has slipped under the radar, but the Q2 numbers are out tomorrow morning (August 6th) at 7am.

Any early predictions?

I have a weird, complete gut feeling that Radio One will be slightly down, including Moyles. I think Wogan might be down too, but his #1 spot is probably safe. It'd be nice for Moyles to get the top spot because it's a high to return the show on, but I just have a weird feeling that it might not happen. The increases of the last quarter suggests there may be a levelling out to "restore balance" so to speak. But I hope I'm wrong.

For historical purposes, Q2 2008 saw Moyles and Wogan both down. Q2 2007 saw Radio One, Scott and Chris all up.

So what say you?

Guest inxces4308

Moyles Up (Slightly), Radio 1 down, Wogan Up.

Moyles has not had a proper holiday this quarter so it would be strange for it to go down, especially as they have been on good form recently.

I'm guessing my local station, Real Radio in Yorkshire hasn't faired too well, as usually on the morning of the Rajar figures been announced, the jingles are changed to reflect their 'success'

Generally, it seems positive for Moyles, but at the moment Wogan seems to have a tighter grip.

But, Wogans audience is alot older than Chris'. They're gonna all die one day

take control

Sir Terry Pulls Ahead Of Moyles

BBC Radio 2's Wake up to Wogan is the UK's most popular breakfast radio show, according to new figures from industry body Rajar.

Figures for the first three months of 2009 suggested Radio 1 presenter Chris Moyles might be gaining on his rival.

But new data shows 7.93 million people tuned in Sir Terry each week, compared with 7.72 million who prefer Moyles.

Elsewhere, BBC Radio 3 has reason to celebrate after achieving its biggest audience for more than two years.

<!-- E SF -->A total of 2.02 million people tuned in each week during the last measurement period of 30 March to 28 June.

Rajar figures also show BBC Radio 4's audience now exceeds 10 million after attracting around 465,000 new listeners in the past year.

Significant rise

But its flagship Today programme saw a slight fall in its weekly audience, its current reach of 6.51 million down on the 6.69 million posted last quarter.

Sir Terry and Moyles were almost neck and neck in the last set of quarterly figures, with the Radio 2 presenter ahead by around 80,000 listeners.

The veteran broadcaster's lead is now more significant, having attracted more than 200,000 additional listeners to his regular morning broadcast.

In the commercial sector, Classic FM saw its audience rise by more than 300,000 over the past three months to just over 5.7 million.

The figures show that more than 90% of the UK population aged 15 and over tune in to their favourite radio station for at least five minutes in the course of a normal week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8186883.stm

james_ryder.png

But, Wogans audience is alot older than Chris'. They're gonna all die one day

Haha Great line!

The figures show that more than 90% of the UK population aged 15 and over tune in to their favourite radio station for at least five minutes in the course of a normal week.

For at least 5 minutes? Loyal audience who do that then. I listen to at least 4 hours a day in the week with Scott/Zane/Moyles.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

They forget that Moyles must have a lot of kids that won't be counted in the ratings. An unfair disadvantage on Wogan. Add that in and I like to think they're equal ;)

I've always wondered, when the press and commercial radio rant that Radio 1 is too old and needs to aim for a younger audience, are the average age numbers accounting for an audience that don't show up in the ratings?

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk