Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's not so lively Live Lounge

Rik

The amount of Live Lounge's happening this summer has dramatically gone down when compared to usual. There were 3 in the whole of July, you used to sometimes get 2 per week. Could we put this down to the current economy making the Live Lounge budget go down? Or maybe they are gearing us up for changes to that might happen when Fearne takes over.

I agree, I'm sure they've repeated some of the categories over and over. It's also not even an hour, more like 5 minutes. I also cannot wait until Tinchy Stryder on friday, it will only be a 2 weeks and a day since the last Live Lounge.

I don't know but I hate this Live Lounge hour guff. If there's not some live material stop digging up the old ones and save it for the occassional Live Lounge gold.

The problem with it is that it's an hour of filler and text vote to build up to one song being played. Hardly an hour.

I'd like to see Live Lounge recordings be more integrated in to the show, perhaps on Jo's weekend show that'll happen.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

Not much I guess, I think Fearne would do quite well with the new music, shes into all that isnt she. Not that she seems to express it very much.

well i dunno about new music, her fave band is Led Zepp.

without the Live Lounge the show will have nothing, the games & tech chat will be moving to Greg's show :rolleyes: so is Fearne just going to be playing records* (figure of speech) & Jo doesn't own the "Live Lounge" anyway.

:)

well i dunno about new music, her fave band is Led Zepp.

without the Live Lounge the show will have nothing, the games & tech chat will be moving to Greg's show :rolleyes: so is Fearne just going to be playing records* (figure of speech) & Jo doesn't own the "Live Lounge" anyway.

She also seems to "Love" all the new bands and goes on and on about having got the album "last week" or whatever.

Am I right in thinking Greg is keeping the Films stuff on his show too, James King and all that jazz? They've got to give Fearne something to make her own. I don't see why Whiley should take it with her, its not really up to her either, its whatevers going to be best for the listening figures. Then again, the weekend slot is also in need of something more listener drawing...

It's Fearne, it's going to be filled with stupid shit. :P

Apparently Greg is doing films stuff, yeah, but hopefully not to the degree Edith does. Nothing wrong with James King, it just seems to hang so much on the movies thing that I just never want to listen cause I'm not bothered.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

I was under the impression they're both having the (boring) Live Lounge- I guessed Jo might have some similar format to the 'Live Lounge Hour'?

Maybe Fearne will make a feature of other people filling in for her because she can't be assed to turn up. Maybe there'll be the 'Sara Cox Hour'- I for one would welcome this. Even better would be the daily 'Sara Cox Two Hours & Forty Five Minutes'...

I hope the live lounge moves with Jo. It is something that is and always will be associated with Jo, and like a previous poster said, weekends need some kind of attraction right now - Jo's show will transfer really easily and fill the gap that isneeded for listener loyalty at the weekend. She is the kind of person you tune in for, rather than Nihal who you catch a bit of if you get in your car to go to the shop etc.

Fearne needs a new feature, or we will all be comparing her to Jo if she keeps the same feature. There is no reason why we cant have once a week the replay of the live lounge feature and interview on Fearnes show. Maybe Fearne will become more of a Showbiz & entertainment show, gossip - Perez Hilton popping up weekly, fashion stuff, news topics etc. Not that this is what I want as would rather Sara had the show (someone who doesnt actually need features or a team as she can just carry the show on her own), but this kind of topic would be easy Fearne to do.

I've said before that I'd rather have Jo doing the live lounge, I just associate them together, like Fish and Chips :)

Re DC: Corrine Bailey Rae is my fave live lounger ever, I love her covers! :D

The last Live Lounge will be interesting, I think Foo Fighters might also be considered as the last guests (the band that has appeared the most times?) as well as Arctic Monkeys (Or LSP), Jo seems to love Alex Turner.

has the live lounge ever had anything above 97bmp played in there? it's been drowsy ever since i can remember, probably why corinne bailey rae has gone to live in there.

Pendulum's cover of Violet Hill was pretty snazzy.