Unofficial Mills

Swine Flu

E*F*4L

Humour is a coping mechanism when people dont quite know what to do for the best.

I believe people are getting too worked up about this. It will affect people, but probably only a small minority of people.

People must not stop living there lives when something like this comes about

take control

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt attack the old apparently... anyone under 45

That's really interesting, I heard an NHS quote saying it was mostly the old who would be effected. How weird. I wish the government would get their facts straight. :confused:

On the other hand, they're sending information leaflets out within the next week instructing people what do in event of a pandemic, so hopefully that will at least prepare people.

To be honest I've read it up a bit on the internet and like to know what's happening with it in the news, but I'm not very concerned about it. I'm just waiting for a newspaper to announce dead set it going to occur. Big Brothers not that far away is it?

:yeahthat:. The way the media are stirring it up, you'd think it was War of the Worlds again.

*affect.:oops:

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Best bit of it all for me was the BBC News Channel at 2pm. Some reporter was outside the school in Torbay, someone walked past the camera, had a gas mask on and was throwing his hands around in a state of panic before walking off camera. The reporter just paused and continued.

I can only hope it turns up on Have I Got News For You this week.

Best bit of it all for me was the BBC News Channel at 2pm. Some reporter was outside the school in Torbay, someone walked past the camera, had a gas mask on and was throwing his hands around in a state of panic before walking off camera. The reporter just paused and continued.

I can only hope it turns up on Have I Got News For You this week.

i saw something similar on news at 6, it put their whole scare campaign to shambles.

on the grid.

I don't think anyone knows - in Mexico it's mostly young adults.

This is worrying people because in 1918 it was young adults it mostly affected, they think because their immune systems over-reacted to it.

My housemate now thinks they're going to cancel music festivals because of it and is sad because he thinks Glastonbury won't happen. A little premature to panic about that, I think.

I spoke to my mum on the phone last night and surprisingly she didn't mention the swine flu threat. I bet she's panic buying though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

My housemate now thinks they're going to cancel music festivals because of it and is sad because he thinks Glastonbury won't happen. A little premature to panic about that, I think.

i saw that in the paper today, football & FA cup final, glasto, take that, oasis would all be canceled big weekend would be also if the others did.

:)

i saw that in the paper today, football & FA cup final, glasto, take that, oasis would all be canceled big weekend would be also if the others did.

:shock: Nooo Take That! I reckon Leeds Festival should be okay.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

A joke or a serious question? Seems to lack smileys. It goes up to level six if you were being serious.

That was actually a rather witty, tongue in cheek Spinal Tap reference from Alan. You should see this spoof rockumentary Jono. It's very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54UU-fPIsY

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.