Unofficial Mills

What are people from Norwich called?

Sam

I would say it's actually not people from Norwich who are the 'country bumpkins', the Norfolk accent is much more strong in the coastal towns and scattered around in the more rural areas. Norwich is a very urban city and you'll find most people walking around don't have much of an accent. Personally, living in a suburb of Norwich, I find that most young people don't have the typical Norfolk accents but it's more of a thing for the older generation.

I really don't have an accent though, and I don't drive a tractor. Sorry for ruining any good impressions I'd made! ;)

I've been told on numerous occaisions that I sound like I'm from the US, or London.

Apart from my friend in Nottingham. The first time we spoke on the phone EVER he said I sounded like a farmer. :evil: I got my own back though, I called him posh. He doesn't like posh people :P

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

I really don't have an accent though, and I don't drive a tractor. Sorry for ruining any good impressions I'd made! ;)

I have an accent when I'm tired or excited or cross. It gets worse the further south I go too.

I can also drive a tractor \o/ but not a car, legally. :confused:

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

• 2 weeks later...