Unofficial Mills

Sara Cox in for Edith

Andrew11@

Guest inxces4308
Yeah really wouldn't surprise me at all! Heard a bit of her lie in this morning and it's so obviously taped it's untrue. If you have to record a show every week, you shouldn't be doing that show!

Has she said its pre-recorded? They have to do that now (its a BBC rule i think).

And yeah i agree with you. If you have one show to do a week, you shouldent pre-record it unless there are extreme circumstances why. I'm sure there are several people that would happily do a shift.

Has she said its pre-recorded? They have to do that now (its a BBC rule i think).

And yeah i agree with you. If you have one show to do a week, you shouldent pre-record it unless there are extreme circumstances why. I'm sure there are several people that would happily do a shift.

I have no idea, cannot stand to listen to her for long. But she records it on a Wednesday according to Jono.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Guest inxces4308
Yeah they just call them back on the Wednesday, notice she doesn't read out the text number?

*shrugs* - I never listened.

I've just been looking at Vernons bio:

Your Saturday morning show and your Sunday Lie-In are presented by Vernon every week from 10am-1pm.

Is this old i take it?

Guest inxces4308
Nothing gets past you.

No sarcasm needed sir! I had never heard Vernon on a sunday before and therefore wondered if he was starting it in a few weeks or something stupid like that......

:P

Maybe she just wants to avoid comic relief this year? She never seemed to like discussing winning fame academy 4 years ago!

she doesn't like being called a celebrity that's why, she deserved to win though Edith has a great voice (i even have the mp3's of Edith singing on my mobile :oops:).

:)

I think what constitutes a celebrity is confusing.

She has the salary and invites and profile of a minor celebrity...her life isnt exactly mundane and average!

If she doesnt want that lifestyle she doesnt have to be a daytime radio presenter!

she has said that its just a normal job to her & she does all the day to day things everyone else does, she hasn't done anything to promote herself as a celeb all she has done is help out with charity's & awareness of illness & environment.

:)

I would agree that Edith is a minor celebrity- one if the things I like about Coxy is that at least she acknowledges the fact! I guess this comes down to "what constitutes a celebrity"- today it seems to be associated with talentless reality tv stars etc, whereas it should really be someone who is celebrated and recognised for their achievements, whatever that may be. Although I'm not Edith's biggest fan, haolding on to the afternoon show on Radio 1 for as long as she has is ceratinly an achievement, and is aso a high-profile job.

caitlynmac.png