Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Presents... Coldplay

Viv

Radio 1 are annoying me now. They've done Coldplay twice and we've had The Killers twice. We've even had the Foo Fighters twice. Can't we have something a bit more genius rather than jumping on the bandwagon of their tours?

Totally agree, plus as was discussed in a previous thread, yet another Radio 1 presents... overrated rock band. Do listeners not want to see any other genre? It seems strange as they have a full range of artists on the Big Weekends, then just feauture bands like Coldplay during the year.

caitlynmac.png

if you were a welsh person you would love to have any of these band come to your home town just seem if your your not in england you get ignored

I bet you, though, some of Wales could get to Manchester quicker on the train then I could get to London from Norfolk.

i could get to london quicker than manchester london 1hr 37 mins manchester 3hrs 6mins,not the point though,r1 put on gigs that cover the whole uk even if the major cities but cardiff is not one of them

i am jealous of coldplay and these gigs they are putting on with r1,just like to know how r1 organise these events,and where they should play

It takes over 3 hours for me to get to London and I'm above it! ;)

But yes, I do see your point. The trouble is Radio 1 aren't putting on these events are they? They're jumping on the bandwagon and promoting them as if they are their own. The Foo Fighters at Wembley would have still gone ahead regardless of Radio 1's help.

A "Radio 1 Presents" event to me is where Radio 1 get a band they've not had perform before, put them in an exclusive venue and give away the tickets. They then air the show on Radio 1. They did this with My Chemical Romance, Scissor Sisters, Ms Dynamite (whooo?) and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, etc.

These shows are just gigs taken over and branded as their own - Foo Fighters, The Killers, Take That, Coldplay, etc.

The only thing I will applaud them for is getting Oasis to play the Electric Proms. That is more impressive as it was a BBC event.

Guest CancerForTheCure
To be honest I couldn't care less where Coldplay go; I just want to see Chris Martin on Hole in the Wall. He did promise on Moyles this morning... Is that legally binding Paula?:D

Oh wow, imagine that :P In England there is no need for a written contract - simply an offer-acceptance approach. I didn't hear the show so I'm not sure about the wording but he may have got himself a contract, ha!!! :D

Radio 1 are annoying me now. They've done Coldplay twice and we've had The Killers twice. We've even had the Foo Fighters twice. Can't we have something a bit more genius rather than jumping on the bandwagon of their tours?

O for Goodness sake, just be grateful for what you can get.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I know! I heard that was was like whaaat?

What's the problem? The mix of Lost with Jay Z in is really good!

Besides, I wouldn't say no to Jay Z as a support act! Ok, I don't like all his songs, but he is a massive artist with a huge fan base so it would be silly not to give him a chance (this does go back to the Jay Z / Glastonbury argument again).

I'm really looking forward to this and will be buying my tickets at 9:30 on the dot come Friday! Wembley stadium is an amazing venue too, can't wait.