Unofficial Mills

Badly Bleeped TV: Slap on the wrist for Mills

Guest inxces4308

In Spain both the F (or rather J) word and the C word appear to be acceptable to use on daytime telly. Swearing doesn't bother me personally that much, I tend not to do it very often myself; mainly because I save it for when I am seriously p*ssed off - it has so much more effect.

I do think it's best not to subject children to lots of it though, as I get pretty upset when I hear kids swearing.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Guest CancerForTheCure

I do think it's best not to subject children to lots of it though, as I get pretty upset when I hear kids swearing.

But then again children are going to do it more when they know they are not supposed to do it.

I rememeber when my cousin was about two, she just suddenly said in a very calm voice, more to herself than to anyone else "Fuck, my jellies got stuck together". Followed by silence from the whole family for about 5 minutes... You just never know how to react ;) It was pretty funny though.

Get a life offcom !! is it run by namby pamby people knitting jumpers for relatives ?

Yes, and it's other members of the knitting circle that call in to complain.

To be honest, as a parent, (as mentioned in another post, I'm getting on a bit) I don't really want my kids (5 and 2.5) repeating "crap", "bloody", "ass" as they hear on Moyles. That's why I don't have Radio 1 on when they are around, it hasn't driven me to call Offcom, but I don't think Radio 1 should *really* broadcast such words..

Yes, and it's other members of the knitting circle that call in to complain.

To be honest, as a parent, (as mentioned in another post, I'm getting on a bit) I don't really want my kids (5 and 2.5) repeating "crap", "bloody", "ass" as they hear on Moyles. That's why I don't have Radio 1 on when they are around, it hasn't driven me to call Offcom, but I don't think Radio 1 should *really* broadcast such words..

Yeah but bloody moyles is a right over-rated piece of crap. He needs to get his ass into gear before he is replaced by Sam the internet guy :)

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Me tooo.

I love oh, whats occuring!

That is basically what the scott mills show is about.. well, and Scott obv. :P

That feature has bought about the BEST quote ever in the whole of the entire history of the world and beyond;

"A horse for one bin"

I love the way they seem to slip "a horse for one bin" in on nearly every show, it's brilliant and so funny!

Whenever they do, I'm weeping within seconds. Those few words togther must be the best combination of words ever

Badly bleeped TV being removed is the most rubbish ever. Did he talk about it on the show? I listen to the podcast? It's ridiculous, it is clearly not in the wrong at all. The BBC should have some balls and stick up for it rather than give in and go "Yes, sorry about that. Mistake. We'll correct it. Sorry about that." despite it not even being slightly in the wrong.

www.GottaBeAndrew.com

Badly bleeped TV being removed is the most rubbish ever. Did he talk about it on the show? I listen to the podcast? It's ridiculous, it is clearly not in the wrong at all. The BBC should have some balls and stick up for it rather than give in and go "Yes, sorry about that. Mistake. We'll correct it. Sorry about that." despite it not even being slightly in the wrong.

Yeh talk about stifling creativity.

In Spain both the F (or rather J) word and the C word appear to be acceptable

As a Spaniard I noticed this lol, for example, before Spain got knocked out of Euro 2004, Juanito said "Si no ganamos estamos jodidos" (if we dont win we're f*cked) and it was played on daytime TV.

All I have got to say its I hate Ofcom with a firey passion along with the ASA and the complete arses who complain to it!

Eventually we wont have any 'lighthearted' entertainment because of these morons! At the end of the day, you can never please 100 per cent of people and if they dont like it, they know where they can go!!!

Ay up thats got me all feisty now :evil:

Bring it back!

''The 80s Are Back And They're Criminal...''