geek world meet up!

popbitcher

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CancerForTheCure
A series of mini-meets could do it. Plan those, see how they go, and if they're successful, perhaps consider one on a larger scale.

exactly, just what I was going to say. Great minds, yet again.

Ok, first meet-up - 28th February, London.

I'll try to arrange it so that I'm in London that weekend anyway. So, if there are 4+ of us who are willing to turn up - the meet-up will take place.

Perhaps these 'mini-meets' could be organised on a regional basis, making it easier for those within the regions to get to them e.g London, the Midlands, East Anglia, North-East and so on...

thats an excellent idea Serin, also the idea of Mini meets overall is a good one, it can make it simpler, or make it harder. depending on how complicated people make the smaller meets. So basically rather than going like "Righ, I need everyone to come and meet in this tiny little garage behind my second cousins wifes sisters boyfriends house" Make it simple. Doesn't matter how many people attend, just so long as the meeting place is well known and easy to locate :)

I got nothing though, but a Norwich Mini meet is so on :P

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Derby/Nottingham during one of the febuary weekends anyone?

exactly, just what I was going to say. Great minds, yet again.

Ok, first meet-up - 28th February, London.

I'll try to arrange it so that I'm in London that weekend anyway. So, if there are 4+ of us who are willing to turn up - the meet-up will take place.

Is it a Saturday? If it is, count me in for now

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

• 3 months later...
Okay then- dinner to all you non-midlanders! She'd probably make tea as well if you want...

isn't "tea" normally the word used in the south east more, while "dinner" is what you midlands lot use? :P

I have a friend from around that way. culture shock first time I talked to him xD

Nik B.

Born to Toads.