Unofficial Mills

JK and Joel leave Virgin Radio

Jono

JK and Joel are to leave Virgin Radio less than a year after joining the rock music station, to be replaced by Jo Russell, one half of Trent FM's Jo & Twiggy breakfast show.

The Virgin Radio chief operating officer, Clive Dickens, said the pair - real names Jason King and Joel Ross - were leaving "to do yet more TV".

Another Virgin Radio DJ, Robin Burke, is also leaving - after almost seven years with the station.

JK and Joel previously hosted the Sunday afternoon chart show and early breakfast slots on Radio 1 and were hired last year by Virgin's former programme chief, David Lloyd.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/sep/01/commercialradio.radio

Same to see them go, they were good on the chart show, but it was like they were talking to themselves on Early Breakfast.

You could say the same thing about Greg. I don't think that aspect of Early Breakfast has changed, I still wake up and think 'who the hell is really listening at this hour'.

But I found them entertaining, and I think they were better off kept on weekends at Radio 1 like when they first joined.

I remember Scott was on weekends at the time too and he was bigging them up.

You could say the same thing about Greg. I don't think that aspect of Early Breakfast has changed, I still wake up and think 'who the hell is really listening at this hour'.

Not really, I keep bringing this up, but it was like the last time I ever listened to them and this stuck out a lot because it was funny. Basically, a neighbor was moving and one of them was like, "Oh, your neighbor wants you to have your cat," and the other was like, "No, no, he has to take pills, I don't want a depressed cat!" and this went on for like thirty minutes. It was just rambling about one of them getting kicked out by their misses, their everyday 'oh look at me I'm a celebrity' lives going to parties and stuff. I remember listening to them for two summers everyday for three months, but I don't remember much else but that.

Greg on the other hand, well, he's better and well, his listeners love him. The other day I had someone complain to me because they were like "What time is Greg on?" and I said "4 AM" and he said "Oh, no wonder my dad keeps saying 'Up Yours!' to me then."

another returning listener :)

...Who doesn't plan to listen to the beloved Edith.

no radio station will be as big (or as good) as international radio 1, it is one you cannot get any higher than one & only radio 1's volume knobs go up to 11 :)

Good Spinal Tap reference.:P

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I seem to remember JK was trying to write a letter about a broken watch. He was trying to write to the company, but he's dyslexic. He'd tried really hard but the first thing he wrote in this professional letter was 'compliant'. D'oh.