Unofficial Mills

What did you do at the age of twenty?

Jono

A fair few people on here will have trouble answering this one!

I was worried about turning 20 but actually it's not been so bad. It sounds better to be "in your early twenties" than a "teenager". It sounds more responsible and less like you're going to be hanging around street corners in a hoody knifing people.

Twenty isn't that bad -- just think how you'll feel when you turn 30 ;)

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

20?

*thinks*

Umm...

Oh I know.

20. I cried on my birthday cos I wasn't a teenager anymore.

I had my first kiss when I was 20 - I know, v. embarrassing but men didn't discover me until after I'd discovered mini-skirts so I'm blaming the male population for being idiots rather than the fact I'm a bit of a munter!!!!!!!

I fell in love when I was 20 as well (with a different bloke!) and then got my heart broken when I was 21 (he was 38 and got his mate to dump me for him over the phone - OWCH!!!)... so that explains the bitter cynical Spev these days...!!!

I discovered my immunity to brandy. I spent a LOT of time partying in London. I was on reflection rather thin... I met loads of my 60s music idols...

I suppose thinking about it it was pretty good. I preferred 19 though. 19 was the best.

It was all downhill from 21 onwards really.

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

Well, I'm only 18 but my brother and sister and both in their late 20s and have been offering me words of wisdom lately.

My sister got married and 18, separated at 19 and divorced at 20. A milestone I hope never to reach. My sister also set off to uni when she was 20 and felt really old because the architecture course she was taking was in Scotland and most of the students were 16, but here it's not so bad so that's less of a worry.

My brother moved into his first flat when he was 20 when he went to uni (I'm the only one in my family that's going to uni before the age of 20 it seems). So he gained a fair bit of independence even though he was in Birmingham. He also met his wife, though he wasn't in a relationship with her until about a year later because he was with another girl.

I've been 20 for just over 2 months and in that time I've seen my favourite band (Radiohead) and spent some time in the north (Newcastle and York). Oh and I've been to Buckingham Palace and seen the Queen. Other than that, I've done some worthwhile things (volunteering with a cycling advocacy group) and also done some interesting new things (such as cycling cross the City of London) and some risky ones (trying to overtake a double decker bus on London Bridge on a bicycle). This summer has been better than the last two.

I aim to complete my degree and have some more new and fun experiences before turning 21. By my current calculation, I will be receiving my degree result on the day of, or the day after, my 21st birthday. I'll get back to you in about 10 months about what I achieved aged 20.

Basically though, these days, after 18, there's no reason to look forward to birthdays.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Ill tell you in 5 years time :P

Will there be love, love, love wherever you go?

Basically though, these days, after 18, there's no reason to look forward to birthdays.

Yeah to be honest the only thing I've been looking forward to is pay day, and that's tomorrow.

1\ Legally marry with your parents consent.

2\ Have a beer or cider with a meal in a restaurant.

3\ Ride a moped up to to 50ccs.

Smoke legally.

Umm...

Ahm.............................

Nope, that's pretty much it.

Not any more, you have to be 18 to smoke as of October last year.

Sorry, I'm very behind the times, the issues regarding the legal rights of teenagers haven't bothered me one iota for a number of years now!!!!

*loves being a patronising bitch. Is v. good at it* ;)

Yeah you can get married at 16, I forgot about that. But which idiot'd want to get married at 16 anyway?!?!

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

I'm still 20 atm so I've still got 6 months left of fun :D

So far, I dropped out of uni, I don't want to go into all the depressing details but generally I wanted an H-Bomb to hit the place (anyone who lives in Newport will understand what I'm on about).

I went to my first music festival...

In fact I liked Reading that much I'm on the road to finally flying the nest and moving there (provided I get a job).

I met my celeb crush (I'd already seen him before then but I properly met him this time rather than just saying hello and legging it before a bouncer could throw me out, haha).

As I said, I've still got 6 months of fun to experience this year. It's not all been fun, a lot of it has been pretty depressing but the only way is up atm! Hopefully at this rate my twenties will be eventful and happy :).

kyliewilson.png

i went out with friends including one who was back from uni who i used to go to school with, and had the best birthday i had in years. much better than my 19th and even 18th. at the time (only last month) i felt really down and lonley all the time but that made things better, so now when i'm not busy working or anything i go out as much as i can. i still feel a bit down sometimes but bollocks to the fact that i am single, becuase i found a remedy if you can call it that.

all in all with myself i don't feel much different to when i was 16 even, i still watch football, go out (even more now), listen to the same type of music etc... it's just a number at the end of the day.

on the grid.

I'm 16 in a few months. What can you do at 16 other than legal sex and buy a lottery ticket?!

You can have a glass of wine with a meal in a pub. You have to be with a parent, though. And you can also buy shoe polish!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.