Unofficial Mills

Schedule Changes - Dick and Dom leave R1

simon38

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does Edith actually come back..if shes not back on the weekend of the 6th and 7th?

And listening this week has been chaos...today Nihal was in for Annie Mac who was in for Jo whiley, and when I heard Wednesday...Annie Mac was talking about Fearne doing the show then at 1.30 when I got back from the shops, Vernon was on!

Its confusing... like the saturday Scott was on and someone texted in, really worried because theyd overslept and thought theyd missed a day.

You kind of get used to a regular voice at a regular time. Chris in the morning on the way to work, Scott on the way home etc

Haha Mike. Pretty much what I was thinking. I've given up on trying to predict who'll be presenting which shows any longer... This way I am not disappointed, and am pleasantly surprised when Vern turns up instead of Fearne.

I do feel that this ridiculous chopping and changing schedule shows a distinct lack of forethought by the Radio 1 schedule planners and a certain disrepect to the listeners. 'Oh! The Listeners? They'll be happy whoever they get...' It must also be a nightmare for all the DJs who are covering and are on call. Especially poor Aled, what with extra hours and all that alcohol to consume!

Whilst I realise that the planners obviously can't forsee pregnancies/sick leave, it just seems to me that they don't appear to have made enough contingency plans in general.

It's all rather confusing and a bit of a mess at the moment really.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

whats your prob with nihal?

I really like him, hes amazin' better than greg james at least! oh why do I feel theres gonna be a stunned silence now? :P

ohh, I don't like Nihal. I'm not sure why but I think he just happens to be one of those people that annoy me. Now give me Greg anyday ;)

Guest CancerForTheCure
Annie Mac was talking about Fearne doing the show then at 1.30 when I got back from the shops, Vernon was on!

oooh that was annoying, I was going to switch off the radio when I heard Vernon. Would have missed out :shock:

Eurgh, Nihal.

I think I'll be giving Radio 1 a break for a week. =/

shock horror. You obviously haven't listened to him enough :shock:

I dont mind Greg or Nihal. Both are good. I think in Nihals case having breakfast for the last year has really helped. I even listen to him and bobby sometimes when im still up. Greg clearly is a natural and is loving it on early breakfast and has been excellent on fill ins.

james_ryder.png

whats your prob with nihal?

I really like him, hes amazin' better than greg james at least! oh why do I feel theres gonna be a stunned silence now? :P

I get the impression that there's a big Nihal following here!

He's just not really my "thing". I can't tolerate him, Grimmy or Moyles. They're just people that sorta irritate me and I can't explain why =/

I can't wait until Scott is back in his usual slot. Nihal has the most monotonous voice I've ever heard.. and I've never cracked a smile whilst listening to his shows.

Edit: Great, now I've got to 50 posts I'm "Nihal".

I have always liked Nihal. I think he is a really happy person which comes accross with any show he does. You can he naturally enjoys his job

james_ryder.png

The only light I can see in Sara's choice is that she might be the 'regular' Drivetime stand-in like Scott is for breakfast. It's been really anoying that everytime Scotts done breakfast his shows been passed round every DJ at radio 1. No one is as good at covering Scott as Sara.

Gordon Brown says there's light at the end of the tunnel..........

I think that Mr Parfit rings the presenters every morning to see what shows they wanna do that day.

"Hey Sara, Are you free to do a show today?"

"Yeah, but not till later"

"Ok, how about doing Zanes show, Because Zane is in for Colin Murray, who's in for Huw, Who was supposed to be in for Annie Mac who is Covering Edith's show, but she was out drinking last night and has spent all morning throwing up...

"Whilst we're on the subject, Do you fancy doing the Surgery on sunday night because Kelly stepped in a puddle last week and now has the flu and has spent the last three days in bed, apart from the day she went to alton towers, and while she was in bed the wardrobe fell on top of her?"

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I think that Mr Parfit rings the presenters every morning to see what shows they wanna do that day.

"Hey Sara, Are you free to do a show today?"

"Yeah, but not till later"

"Ok, how about doing Zanes show, Because Zane is in for Colin Murray, who's in for Huw, Who was supposed to be in for Annie Mac who is Covering Edith's show, but she was out drinking last night and has spent all morning throwing up...

"Whilst we're on the subject, Do you fancy doing the Surgery on sunday night because Kelly stepped in a puddle last week and now has the flu and has spent the last three days in bed, apart from the day she went to alton towers, and while she was in bed the wardrobe fell on top of her?"

That's a bit harsh. It's perfectly possible that she actually stepped in a puddle. It has been rainy lately.