Unofficial Mills

Artists you just have to see

Jono

So earlier this year I went to Radio 1's Big Weekend and decided I'd forefit The Editors to see Madonna. She didn't overly appeal to me, but I felt it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and you can't deny she is a big artist.

The same applied with Blondie at Latitude. Alright, Debbie Harry looked like she was knocking on heaven's door, but another artist I felt it was worth checking out to say you'd seen.

So what about you? What artists would you want to see just so you can say you've seen them?

People who I'm going to Leeds with are forefitting Babyshambles to see Rage Against The Machine, because as you said, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'm not a huge fan of Green Day, but it'd be good to see them just so you can say you've seen them. I'd also like to see legendary bands like U2, that'd be good.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I did the opposite- a few years ago I chose Kasabian over The Who, even though they were the once in a lifetime opportunity- don't regret it in the slightest- would rather see a band I love in an intimate tent than see a band I'm not really that into from about 5 miles away from the main stage!

caitlynmac.png

I did the opposite- a few years ago I chose Kasabian over The Who, even though they were the once in a lifetime opportunity- don't regret it in the slightest- would rather see a band I love in an intimate tent than see a band I'm not really that into from about 5 miles away from the main stage!

I didn't realise you'd returned Kitty. Welcome back!

I saw the Chili Peppers but I wish I hadn't bothered really, at least I can say I've seen them. I missed most of the Smashing Pumpkins to see The Hold Steady, who I discovered I really like, so it was a good choice. I missed Interpol and Kings of Leon to see Brand New and The Subways. Brand New is one of my favourite bands and I wouldn't have got another chance to see them.

I saw Fun Lovin' Criminals just for the sake of it really. Same with Lethal Bizzle, I can say I've seen him.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

People who I'm going to Leeds with are forefitting Babyshambles to see Rage Against The Machine, because as you said, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Completely agree on that one, I'd love to go and see Rage Against The Machine just so I can be cool and say I've seen them. I'd go and see Oasis just so I can say I've seen them as well, they seem to be one of those groups that pretty much everyone has seen at least once. And Green Day.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Completely agree on that one, I'd love to go and see Rage Against The Machine just so I can be cool and say I've seen them. I'd go and see Oasis just so I can say I've seen them as well, they seem to be one of those groups that pretty much everyone has seen at least once. And Green Day.

I agree with the Oasis one, too. I'm not a huuuge fan, but I reckon I could sit through one of their sets.

I would never see Babyshambles anyway, it's not just coz Rage Against the Machine are playing (seriously can't bleeping wait! :woo:). I feel sorry for the idiots who think that Babyshambles are more worthy to watch live at the festival.

Haha, I'd be one of those idiots, I'm going to Babyshambles instead :) Just because I'm a fan and I have their albums, that and also I only know one song by RATM, so I figured there's no point in me seeing them!

Saw Nirvana at my student Union for free and even met them in the lift. The concert was fantastic. I do feel it's a shame though that I didn't appreciate at the time quite how fortunate I was.

Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magik concert; Anthony in silver hotpants just a metre away from me at the Barrowlands. Wow! The bruises from being in the mosh pit the next day were worth it.

Bobby Gillespie DJing every Sunday at the Volcano was amazing.

The Prodigy in Spain was a fantastic experience.

I was disappointed when I saw David Bowie, as he didn't play enough of his old stuff.

I'll shut up now.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I was at that gig too! I agree it was brilliant but I was a big Robbie fan at the time so suppose I'm biased.

Wow Nati that is amazing!! Seeing Nirvana must have been fantastic but actually meeting them.....I don't generally use this phrase but...OMG!!:rule:

A few years ago I was at the Gig in the Green (non camping type festival) in Glasgow and I saw Marilyn Manson. I'm not really into their music but felt it would be an experience to see them. I was right, they put on quite a performance and I really enjoyed it.

When I was about 8 I went to a Madness concert (after a lot of 'please, please, please can I go')! My mum reluctantly took me but felt I was a bit too young. I was a big fan of Madness at the time but my mum was right it was too noisy and rowdy for me and I didn't stay the whole concert. I wish I had been a bit older to enjoy the experience but as I grew up my obsession with them died.

Really regret not going to see the Stone Roses....should have camped out overnight for tickets as it was their last concert in Glasgow before they split, damn! Did get to see John Squire in the Seahorses a few times.....doesn't quite heal my pain though:rolleyes:

Also, wish I had seen the Manics before Richey disappeared....

Richey Edwards was a genius. I think my mum and dad have seen them before he disappeared, and then they've seen them once since he disappeared. I'm going to see the Manics at Leeds this year, I can't wait to see them!

I'm not a massive fan of Arctic Monkeys but I still went to see them when they came down to Southampton, it's unlikely they'll ever do that again considering how big they are. I've also got tickets (£45 each plus booking, ouch) to see REM at the Rose Bowl at the end of August because that's a once in a lifetime experience.

My best friend was going to buy me a Sigur Ros ticket but I'd have had to spend my birthday on trains to get to Blackpool then get to Sheffield a couple of days later to see McFly and then get back to Hull and it would cost me a fortune :( Especially as I'm seeing at least one other band that week too.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Wow! That's fantastic, your family are so cool Emma....especially your nan who loves Scott:D

I'm sure you'll love seeing them. Nicky Wire is a genius too, he's also great on stage. I wanted to go to the Hydro festival at the end of August as they are playing there too but I have something else on that weekend..boo hoo.

Aww, I'll take lots of photos for you! I love Nicky Wire, weren't he and Richey the "glamour twins" or something? Or so NME told me! Nicky Wire always looks happy, he grins like the Cheshire Cat!

snewb4.jpg = 2lvtix.jpg

Guest CancerForTheCure
I felt I had to go and experience Robbie Williams so I went to Hamden Park and also the SECC in Glasgow, top class concerts. I would definately recommend going to one of his gigs should he tour again in the future.

I am so jealous... I NEED to see Robbie Williams. Then I can die happy :)

The chemical brothers are awesome live having seen many times, most recently at T in the park where it was a basically a greatest hits set with an amazing light show.

To al the people going to see Rage Against the Machine at Leeds you will have a great time as they were good At T

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

Stereophonics & Green Day were my 2 main big ones - I saw the 'Phonics end of last year and it was amazing. So thats one down, one to go! Been a fan of both of them for years and years now so its shameful that I hadn't seen either of them live long before now!

Really wished I had seen Guns 'n' Roses & Limp Bizkit

I saw Stereophonics in September 05. Utterly amazing. Packed arena and we were standing right at the front.

I'm really glad I saw Mika in May last year. He's an amazing performer and he's so lovely. We met him in the bar afterwards and he's so sweet.

I really want to see Scissor Sisters live, but their tickets are obscenely priced now.

I saw KoRn a few years back, and they were amazing.

I'm dying to see Metallica. They've been my favorite band for years now.

I saw Stereophonics in September 05. Utterly amazing. Packed arena and we were standing right at the front.

I'm really glad I saw Mika in May last year. He's an amazing performer and he's so lovely. We met him in the bar afterwards and he's so sweet.

I really want to see Scissor Sisters live, but their tickets are obscenely priced now.

I saw Scissor Sisters way back in 2004 in a tiny venue in Blackpool. They were amazing. If ever you get the opportunity to see them, go.

Metallica are on at Leeds but I'm really not a fan - I'll be at The Cribs instead.

Guest CancerForTheCure

I saw Scissor Sisters at 3 a.m, at a festival two years ago. Everyone was asleep after Sigur Ros but not when the SS came on ;)

A friend of mine was lucky enough to get tickets to Radio 1's big weekend but she chose Newton Faulkner over Wing! I've never seen her in the same light since. Because of this, Wing would have to be the artist I couldn't miss.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru