Doctor Who

demonhorse

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good exposition of how wrong the first world war (or any other since) is too I thought. Didn't preach it, but it was there.

I actually liked the way Tennant got to show how he now inhabits the role of the Doctor, by not playing him most of the episode. You instantly knew when he was back...

And did noone notice the pictures in the book - the different doctors of old? Shame Eccleston wasn't visible though.

I didn't see the pictures, no. :( I know what you mean about knowing he was back though. There was a sense of "Hooray! Everyone's safe now!". You're right, he plays the role extremely well.

One thing that grated on me was the fact that he asked Joan to go with him. Hello? Martha! What would he have done if she'd said yes? Left Martha at home? That's annoyed me throughout the series. Rose was average, and slightly rubbish, but he loved her to pieces. Martha, on the other hand, is made of awesome and obviously adores him, yet he treats her as if she doesn't exist!

:) It was well written, but I found the plot a little disappointing, apart from its take on WW1. The young actors however were fantastic. Creepy as hell. We'll definitely be seeing them again.

Next week's episode looks promising...

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I didn't cry at the end Kelly, but the speech Martha made about her loving the Doctor but him not knowing she exists brought a tiny little tear to my eye. :oops:

Yeah, that was really sweet! But did the Doctor know that she had said that once he was back, 'cause when they were about to go back in the tardis, she said something like "All those things I said, it was just to get you back" then he said "of course"? :confused:

HELP ME I CAN'T SLEEP AFTER WATCHING THAT. THAT WAS THE MOST TERRIFYING THING I'VE EVER SEEN AND THAT'S WITHOUT THE SCARY WEBSITE ANGEL THINGY.

I really did love every minute of it, but I can't sleep and the ending's made it even worse. :cry: HELP.

ARGH!

There aren't any staues in your house are there Kelly? So keep your curtains drawn and everything locked and you'll be fine.

Must say, I'm not planning on going near any statues for a while.

And its impossible to not blink for several minutes, in fact it's a reflex and happens about every 10 seconds..I did try though, I really tried...

UM is a nice place

I live in what's basically a wooden box, but there is still no sleep to be had. :cry: I think they want to kill me.

Also, one of my lovely cousins e-mailed me this picture:

6eyk6ft.gif

with the caption "She'll live because she never blinks."

I think I need to smoke something.

Of course I'll try to catch it tomorrow night on BBC3.

I thought the trailers looked reallly good, and all your comments have swung it.

I'm also slightly less wimpy than I used to be, thank goodness.:D

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.