Doctor Who

demonhorse

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well worth a watch of a repeat if you have freeview, even if you haven't seen the rest of them.

I get a feeling there will be a repeat run of the whole series, possibly just before the DVD boxset comes out in November (if it happens at all, thats probably the most likely time) for those who have missed it and don't have the single volume dvds by then.

When they got the writer of this series, he wrote it bearing in mind that it was going out at 7PM on a saturday evening, and played down the sci-fi aspect a little. It's obviously still there, but it's not heavy techy sci-fi like Star Trek etc. There's a lot of plot development and character stuff there too.

I think Doctor Who has always had this to a greater or lesser degree, but in this version, the combination seems to be just right to retain the old fans as well as pulling in brand new ones.

I thought it was unlike the BBC to produce such a lavish ending, but they did it, and they did it well.

I liked the kissing (especially Jack and the Doctor, wheeee!) and the regeneration at the end. Not quite sure yet what to make of David Tennant though ;)

• 10 months later...
I LOVE DAVID TENNANT!!!!

Oh Yeah! He's completly, deliciously, absolutely gorgeous!! Is it strange that I found him hotter with the Scottish accent he had in the Queen Victoria episode?

Captain Jack was hot too, I was gutted when they threw him off Dancing on Ice; he was clearly the best!!

I'm finding this series great, especially last night's episode. My consience has now taken on the form of K9 :cool:

I loved the last series, I thought Christopher Eccelston did a great job but David Tennant is brilliant too, in his own special way.

Peter Kay? You don't say?

David Tennant is gorgeous, a couple of my friends thought I was weird for thinking that (although they're straight guys). Last night's episode was the first one I've watched, and it was great. Didn't realise Billie Piper was into acting though, I remember her pop career at the beginning of the Britney-era.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'