Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

Gahhhh. I can't find the letter from the student loans people that I need to send back so they don't try and take money off me while I have none. A simple matter of just logging into the website and requesting another, surely? Oh no, because they've changed it, don't believe my ART ID is what it is, won't send me my new password and I can't ring them as they're not open at weekends.

Stupid student loans people.

I had the same problem with the online system nearly 2 years ago. It kept saying my ART ID was wrong, despite me having letters and emails with it on. I rang them up and they said I had to print off a form to correct the mistake they had made and send it to Glasgow. So I did that and the guy said he'd reopen my account. I'm still locked out of it and did the whole thing using the paper form last year. It would be nice to get back into my account. The guy on the phone told me that without a password I can only access my account over the phone once and then they'd post me a new ART ID and password. They never did. So in theory I can never access my own student loans account again. Sadly I doubt that means that I will get away without paying.

What sucks? I spent a whole afternoon watching people eating lovely looking cake that I couldn't eat and I want to go back to Nottingham. I only need to get through tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night and then I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hoping when I ring them they'll just send me the letter I need again and it won't take too much hassle... then again this is me this is happening to and I couldn't even get my free bus pass for 6th form without a fight.

The T-Mobile website is rubbish too and won't let me in with my username and password that I know are right and they won't send me a new activation code so I can't get in and if I ring them they say they'll send another but I have never yet received one let alone the 5 or so I've asked for. This would be fine if they hadn't just changed to using online bills not paper ones. :-/

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

had a sort of blister in my mouth for a week or so, so i went to the dentist today & he said that it was a blocked mucus gland (Mucous retention cyst) & there is a 50/50 i will need a operation that will cost about £150 :(

my wireless keeps cutting out, i have had enough today :cry:

:)

I have a throat and chest injection, a virus in my gut and i have had no sleep. Im in my ICT lesson and supposed to be doing coursewirk but my lecturer has been away for over 2 weeks and i dont know what to do. I have done the practical bit but have been left to guess the rest. I really need to sneeze too and it wont come.

Kitty <3

what DOESNT suck? lol

i'm not getting overtime at work so i gotta try and get by on 30 hours a week, I split up with a long term girlfriend after paranoid accusations of cheating, A girl at work I like has told me she likes another guy we work with (fortunately I havent told her how i feel lol) and all my friends have college/uni/work during the day so I'm bored out my mind after I finish work.

Rant over

Not impressed with censorship

My 2 cousins have had a punch up. They were drinking wine, and my older cousin said that the younger one doesn't bring her kids up properly. Younger cousin then jumped on older cousin, and scratched all her face (she's had to go to work plastered in make-up). Older cousin retaliated by giving younger cousin a black eye. I'm keeping my opinions to myself. It's all really blooming stupid.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

as i expected, work has died out a little in january. luckily i am very careful with my money and have lots of backup in the bank. i expect it to pickup next month but i really could do with some form of other part time job or something of the kind in the week to help me out a bit, any websites that people know of (where i could look for jobs or drop off my cv) would be a massive help.

on the grid.

its only a little thing, but can I add the fact that my neighbours are getting cavity wall insulation at 8.45am on saturday and the noise made woke me up. Normally it wouldnt be too bad but I've been having trouble sleeping recently so I wanna go do some murders

Not impressed with censorship

as i expected, work has died out a little in january. luckily i am very careful with my money and have lots of backup in the bank. i expect it to pickup next month but i really could do with some form of other part time job or something of the kind in the week to help me out a bit, any websites that people know of (where i could look for jobs or drop off my cv) would be a massive help.

Would you consider being a virtual office assistant. There's a Site for that. Can't remember name.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

What is really driving me up the wall at the moment (it doesn't suck, it just annoys me greatly) is the fact most people in here at halls pull me up because if my dialect. It's starting to bug me that wherever I seem to go, people who speak to me and my friend (he's in my flat and is also Cumbrian) demand us to speak "properly" and then proceed to take the mick out of things we do say differently such as "moor" and "poor". I used to like the Cumbrian dialect but now people are making me feel stupid, gyah!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Guest CancerForTheCure

Nottingham. Now that I don't have exams I have no excuse for the apparent lack of my social life. I just DON'T want to go out with any of my uni mates, really. My friend always makes fun of my double life - he says that if I get the two personalities mixed up I'll end up going Where's me gin?! in court. I find it really hard to become attached to anyone which means I really miss my friends back home. It would really help if I had one good friend in Nottingham but I know this isn't going to happen in the nearest future. I'm so glad my boyfriend is here with me.

Also, I still haven't got a clue where I'm going to live next year as my boyfriend still hasn't heard from Nottingham. This could be a problem.

Also, I still haven't got a clue where I'm going to live next year as my boyfriend still hasn't heard from Nottingham. This could be a problem.

Ok so some more words of wisdom (or not....) from a third year. As far as housing goes, seriously, don't worry. I have a couple of good friends who got screwed over in first year by the people they were living with and one ended up with just her and a friend so they had to advertise for housemates and found 4 lovely girls who they lived with last year. Another had to look at adverts for houses and found a room in a nice house close to campus with people he got on with fairly well. In fact, he's still living there this year. There are more than enough places to stay so whatever happens, you'll be fine for housing. The people who get houses early tend to get worse deals. The losers I lived with last year got a decent house easily enough after Easter.

As for social life and friends, it is so hard to find people who are as good as your friends at home. I got screwed over by my friends from school which left me in a bit of a difficult position and I know I keep telling you that it takes time, but you will meet people or get to know people better who you do get on with. January is a weird month in Nottingham because without lectures in all 3 years here I've found myself seeing a rather limited group of people.

Oh and lectures start tomorrow so that'll keep you occupied ;)

What sucks in my life? I've got a very long day ahead of me tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to. And the dissertation deadline is looming ever closer.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

What is really driving me up the wall at the moment (it doesn't suck, it just annoys me greatly) is the fact most people in here at halls pull me up because if my dialect. It's starting to bug me that wherever I seem to go, people who speak to me and my friend (he's in my flat and is also Cumbrian) demand us to speak "properly" and then proceed to take the mick out of things we do say differently such as "moor" and "poor". I used to like the Cumbrian dialect but now people are making me feel stupid, gyah!

Just shout at them :whack:The first few weeks of Leeds Uni everyone i met either thought Carlisle was in Scotland or more bizarrely Wales:shock:

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!