Unofficial Mills

Jeremy Clarkson proved wrong

sebdevlin

TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson has lost money after publishing his bank details in his newspaper column.

The Top Gear host revealed his account numbers after rubbishing the furore over the loss of 25 million people's personal details on two computer discs.

He wanted to prove the story was a fuss about nothing.

But Clarkson admitted he was "wrong" after he discovered a reader had used the details to create a £500 direct debit to the charity Diabetes UK.

After three ha ha ha

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7174760.stm

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

How did they manage to do this though because they either needed to access his online account in which case they'd need his password which he didn't publish or his phone back password or security question which he also didn't publish or walk into a bank and pretend to be Jeremy Clarkson.

they could have filled in a form from the charity but then someone would have to forge his signature and if I try to take money out of my bank without my card they've got copies of my signature dating back to 1893!

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I think I read this on Saturday. The media seem slow to pick up these stories.

I thought at the time 'fair enough' when he printed his details. If it's true, he's making a valid point, as in theory I'd like to know this missing data is a load of old balls.

But clearly we have reason to panic, and now he's ended up with egg on his face.

I reckon he published the details of the account he'd previously reported as being compromised a month or two back... He can't be so arrogant to think that noone would abuse what was published, so publish account details that are already being closed/emptied.

I think you've hit the nail on the head I'm sure he aint stupid enough to compromise his main account

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!