Unofficial Mills

Holiday destinations

I'm off to a summer lakeside country cottage in Finland for a week in September with my bloke, which I'm greatly looking forward to. Then around Christmas we're planning to go up to Lapland for a few days.

It should look something like this:

Cabin.jpg

I was wondering what all of your favourite holiday destinations were, where you would like to go, maybe in the UK or abroad and what you'd like to do/see etc.

Northumbland, its the 12th year we've been this year its family tradition I guess..(im off tommorow) and we're going to edinburgh for a day whilst we're there=Edinburgh festival woooo. Hopefully the weather will be nice...

twitter.com/emgreatorex

For holidays, im usually only interested in city breaks really.

The heat in all these exotic places makes me unbearably cranky and lethargic. I wish i could enjoy these, but i cant really. And its not even like i tan, my genes dont allow that. I just burn, then go back to pale again.

And quiet holidays bore me. Like 2 years ago, me and my family went to Wales for a week. It was nice for the first day or two, but i see enough sheep and hills here to last me a lifetime. There wasnt really much in Wales.

City breaks are for me. Ive never enjoyed a holiday as much as i did in London this year. Even though theyre exhausting, i love them. You would think, growing up in a city id want to get away from all that, but its great. Ive barely been any city breaks, but id love to do Rome, Paris, Hong Kong, New York and all those sorts of places one day. Thats definitely for me.

Another holiday that suits me are adventure holidays. Ive done a lot of them here in Scotland with friends and my school, and theyre great. Exploring caves, abseiling, climbing cliffs, rock hopping, white water rafting, ski-ing and all the like. Its great fun. One day, id like to go ski-ing in the alps.

A dream of mine is to go to Africa. My cousin spent a summer away from uni there, teaching english to young kids in school. Id love to go and coach sport, and if i can get over the heat, then its definitely on the agenda.

For me, Sheffield is the best holiday place. That's mainly because my family and friends live there, and I always meet up with them, which is enormous fun.

I went to Majorca about ten years ago and it was marvellous. The sea was blue and warm, and the weather was perfect. I want to go again now. :cry:

we're going to edinburgh for a day whilst we're there=Edinburgh festival woooo. Hopefully the weather will be nice...

Unlikely, it is Scotland after all :(

When I was younger I couldn't sit still for more than 10 minutes, so holidays were always really busy and action packed. I've been to Florida twice, and when we went to France or Spain we'd always do water sports and go to water parks etc.

But now that I'm getting older, I'm quite content with lazing by the pool and just reading a book or something. As long as it's warm, I'm happy.

I went to Barcelona with some friends in early June, was great. Sun, sand and sea, with a city to enjoy as well, the best of both worlds.

My other holiday will be the Leeds festival later this month. I didn't go on any holidays last year. I went to Greece on a school trip when I was 16, that was a really good trip, it's a nice country and the food is very good. I'd like to go back to New Zealand, went there when I was 7 and it was amazing. I have family there and my parents have a lot of friends there too, so it would be cheap once I'd got there. Just need to find the money for the plane tickets...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm off to a summer lakeside country cottage in Finland for a week in September

ah finland! the birthplace of sami hyypia!

i have a close tie with north wales, conwy and llllllllllLlllandudno. childhood memories and all. but i do like majorca and belamadina if i am honest too, too bad the grass is always brown but you dont care much about that when you are in the pool with the honeyz 8)8)8):*:x

on the grid.

I'm in Spain at the moment, which is okay, if a little dull. (My mum insists on coming to the place that my nan lived, even though she died three years ago. This is my sixth year here..) Going to Longleat forest in a few weeks for a weekend at Center Parcs.

Next year I'm going to Paris, and hopefully Austria and New York.

Next year I'm going to Paris, and hopefully Austria and New York.

I went to New York and Washington last year which was really good. The best bit was when we got a boat over to the Statue of Liberty. T'was interesting and the views were lovely.