Unofficial Mills

Jordan North joins Capital Breakfast

anothernerd

Did anyone listen to Sexted my Boss yesterday? Jordan didn’t give anything away which I suspected. But I did notice when William mentioned Jordan announcing Steve Wright’s passing on air, Jordan seemed to pass it off a little (to be fair, he’s had a crazy week and it probably felt like a long time ago) and then mentioned Chris Moyles and how he loved listening to him when he was younger. I’m only an occasional listener so it might be normal but I thought he seemed a little down. 

Anyway, I do wish Jordan all the best. He wanted to host breakfast - he’s went and got it, just not on Radio 1.  I’m doubtful I’ll be moving listening as I feel faithful to Greg. But can always catch up on Jordan if there’s a podcast 

4 hours ago, Wandering Belle said:

Did anyone listen to Sexted my Boss yesterday? Jordan didn’t give anything away which I suspected. But I did notice when William mentioned Jordan announcing Steve Wright’s passing on air, Jordan seemed to pass it off a little (to be fair, he’s had a crazy week and it probably felt like a long time ago) and then mentioned Chris Moyles and how he loved listening to him when he was younger. I’m only an occasional listener so it might be normal but I thought he seemed a little down. 

Anyway, I do wish Jordan all the best. He wanted to host breakfast - he’s went and got it, just not on Radio 1.  I’m doubtful I’ll be moving listening as I feel faithful to Greg. But can always catch up on Jordan if there’s a podcast 

I do hope there is a podcast with a trio hosting they got plenty of people to make it work they got Shaun Keaveny doing a podcast only show that is associated to the Radio X brand which is an entertainment daily podcast. Global has been increasing their original podcast content I can think they would want Jordan North to be involved with that and capitalise on its podcasting boom.

As much as I think Jordan is a great presenter. It's not gonna pull me over to capital. Adverts and their dire playlist is the biggest reason. Plus as long as Greg is on Radio 1 he's always going to have the upper hand. There's an old saying, 'you can't beat experience'. Greg these days has it in abundance. 

on the grid.

50 minutes ago, Fran said:

Greg said as a R1 presenter he’s sad that but as a friend he’s excited for Jord

And that's why he's a class act. He handles the sensitive issues perfectly on-air.

It feels like the story is already out there. Obviously there would be little bits that might not be totally accurate but as a broad picture it's already out there.

Apart from breakfast there wasn't really any progression for him there. If they had said no to breakfast, then he would be tempted by a big money offer and a breakfast show. Sounds like there was negotiations but they didn't materialise. They didn't want him on air anymore (which while it may be seen as a bit tight and I also think it's a bit tight) because he was about to take his popularity to the competitor.

More to the point what the hell is this article about?! Who's actually betting on this stuff!

"It seems the negative reaction towards Laing’s arrival didn’t go unnoticed as bookmakers were quick to mark-up how long he would last as the new Radio 1 host. 

Laing has been given 4/6 odds of lasting under one year, and 6/5 odds of him lasting over a year - falling very short from North’s previous reputation. 

Lee Astley of Lucky Block said: "Our traders have taken on board the negative feeling around Jamie Laing’s appointment as replacement for popular host Jordan North (who has joined Capital FM) and they reckon he will be gone within a year."

https://www.gbnews.com/celebrity/jamie-laing-bbc-radio-1-dealt-blow-odds-jordan-north-replacement