Bad weather across the UK

Jono

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just rained most of the day here, thankfully I was inside for most of it though. It's nice blue skies now.

Apparently the north was getting it worst, but we've had some nasty weather down here lately.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Blocked drains - yuck. Having to pay extortionate plumber rates - also yuck.

Around here roads are flooded; Leeds City Station closed until tomorrow from mid-afternoon today (effectively stranding a lot of people); and the police contacting Leeds businesses to tell managers to send their staff home shortly after 4pm. People evacuated from their homes in the trendy waterfront 'Calls' area of Leeds for their own safety...

It's not great here at the moment. British summers, eh?

I hate to come and ruin the party, but its lovely here in glasgow! Chilly, but its not rained all day. No doubt we'll get it soon right enough.

My dads a plumber, i should send him all your way. On our way to london, we'll stop off and i'll make him fix all your problems.

Where abouts in Leeds were people evacuated? Ive been hopeing all day.

We're flooded pretty badly, our kitchen wasnt as bad but its still a bit flooded, the garden, garage, porch and rabbits hutches are totally ruined. More rain on the way apparently :|

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Is any one suffering from the bad weather affecting the UK? A building has collapsed in Sheffield tonight, and supposedly there's been an explosion at a steelworks close to it.

Hang on, which one? Is there a news link to that by any chance?

It's been nice here all day, but the wind's really picking up now.

When is going to be sunny seriously? It's June?! I thought this summer was uspposed to be hotter last year. The only relaly good weather I've seen was for about 6 days at Easter.

I'm getting really fed up with it, the rain never usually bothers me so much but with being finished with school now it;s difficult to make plans, because the weather ends up ruining it.

All the front of my house is flooding, yesterday at knowsley I kept sinking in mud puddles. It's miserable.

I want to see some sunshine :(

Ugh, most of the tall perennials and some tall biennials which I had neglected to stake prior to this bad weather have been flattened. I am not amused. If this absolutely dire weather persists any longer I am certain a large amount of plants will not be able to cope and simply die. I have well-drained soil, but they've seen so much water over the past two weeks that I fear they won't be able to tolerate it any further. The lavenders, I fear, will be the first to go. Not funny. At all. Don't laugh you gits!!111

To further add to my misery, the pond has over-flown. It's either at an alarmingly low level or is pouring over the sides. The frogs are having lots of fun though and I'm sure are doing a good job consuming slugs, but ugh, UGH!

Yeah, tomatoes don't stand-up to heavy wind and rain. They don't mind plenty of water, but they are tender and won't last in heavy downpours.

My pond hasn't got any fish in either, it's just a wildlife pond. I'm sure some of the little creatures that inhabit it have been washed out and sent through the nettles at the back of the pond though. It's a horrible thought :( RIP.

Anyone here in london? is the weather bad?

Im off on the 3rd July, hope its not :(

The weather wasn't too bad today. Sunny in the early morning and late evening, drizzling most of the day.

I've got University Open Days on Friday and Saturday in Nottingham. Apparently people get angry and will shout at us if the weather is bad. Oh well, at least I am based inside so won't get totally soaked.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Our pond overflowed a few months back, about £1000+ worth of fish everywhere apparantly (I wasn't there and never go down that end of the garden anyway), the local cats must have had fun.

Oh dear i'm guessing they weren't goldfish then. All ya needed was some chips for the world most expensive fish & chip supper :D Hope they were covered by insurance

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

Well according to the BBC 5-day forecast for my area, light rain is due everyday with heavy rain expected on Saturday. For f*cks sake!

Im off into leeds on saturday on the train, I bet we get stranded I mean I cos im getting back alone :( Ill have to take my wellies and a good book.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Im off into leeds on saturday on the train, I bet we get stranded I mean I cos im getting back alone :( Ill have to take my wellies and a good book.

Ema I was in your neck of the woods at t'weekend :D

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.