Unofficial Mills

Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Monitorabbit

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Donny Tourette show had me in stitches! He just didn't "get" it did he?

Loved when they were talking about Bands who have done a TV show being flops and kept zooming in on him saying "Can't think of anyone else"

Yeah, that bit was brilliant. There was also:

Donny: "Simon, here's what I think of you" *grabs his crotch*

Simon: "You think of me...a small penis?"

And:

Bill: "You're about as punk as Enya"

Donny: "Oi son, you're one of these" *does w*nker hand gesture*

Bill: "What? A hand?"

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

If you're going on NMTB then you should expect to be ripped apart. Mark Lamarr was far more caustic than Simon Amstell and yet I don't think anyone ever walked off during his tenure as host?

I think there are times for jokes and times when it's better just to keep schtum (public forums/the internet seldom being a good place for jocularity due to translation/misinterpretation problems with some people which can arise), but in this instance I think Preston was just being a moody b*****d!

Best Amstell quote:

"Yes that is right, I am a homosexual"

Peter Cook said the exact same thing on a chat show in the 60s to Zsa Zsa Gabor after she took offence at something he said - she had a handbag dog and was going " I adore him!" sort of thing (it was a long time ago, exact words not known) Peter Cook said said it was cruel bringing the dog on under hot studio lights. Zsa Zsa said "I don't like you! And I don't like your fringe and the way you look" I think she said something implying he was gay (less than acceptable at the time I don't think it was even legal yet) to which he replied with almost the exact words above in a completely deadpan tone which threw the silly vain b*tch completely! :D

A legendary story to Peter Cook fans, don't think it exists on tape - shame!

Hmm probably just killed my own thread - ha ha threadicide

UM is a nice place