Unofficial Mills

Mika - the next big thing?

Jono

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Brown is really good (mind you I only got it because it was iTunes free download of the week)
Oh Billy Brown had lived an ordinary life.

Two kids, a dog, and a cautionary wife.

While it was all going according to plan

Then Billy Brown fell in love with another man

Nooooooo... I'm sorry but I really don't see the appeal, he just sounds like a crappy Daniel Bedingfield wannabe.

Whoooooooooooo?!

leona is better than mika crap. she got christmas number one all by herself and certainly didn't get any help from a singing show with millions of viewers.

nah mika sound a bit too much like jimmy summerville for my liking. well relax did, i am yet to notice the track.

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...
I like Mika. A cross between Orson and Scissor Sisters. Some might remember that a song called Relax by Mika was Scott's Record of the Week earlier in 2006

Yeaah I remember that! I'm loving Grace Kelly - can't wait for the album.

Gosh someone in my Media is going to see MIKA. He isn't excited, and thought he was called MIKO. Freak:-)

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Checked his Myspace and his website and doubt if he's the next big thing. I'd guess he'll be very successful for a while and then disappear with occasional revivals of his favourite hit(s).

No doubt he'll make shedloads of money, and then maybe he'll become a reclusive songwriter and record producer.

Just my opinion, of course.

UM is a nice place

Ah, scary Myspace! I only wondered, because every time I hear Grace Kelly I keep thinking it sounds like Robbie Williams trying to pretend he isn't Robbie Williams, which he has often said he would like to do, record an album as someone other than himself I mean. But yet again, it seems a brilliant hunch has missed the mark completely......!