Unofficial Mills

Keane

callum

My friend (who has Grade 8 on 3 instruments and is going to study music at uni) stated that Keane, Coldplay and Snow Patrol all sound exactly the same and once you've heard one of them you've heard them all. I disagree: I like these bands and also bands like Morning Runner and loads of other music of this type of style as well as loads of other stuff.

Do you guys think Keane are just the same as Snow Patrol and Coldplay though? I really don't...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

When I think of Keane I can't help but think of random 20 somethings in big rented white vans blaring it out while on their way to ikea in a big convoy with loads of ther 20 somethings all listening to either Keane or Coldplay on a sunday afternoon.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

The Smiths are quality.

I feel the same way as you about X & Y by Coldplay. Apart from Fix You, it wasn't up to anything much. A Rush Of Blood To The Head was much better. Speed Of Sound was a really boring song. Thankfully though my sister bought X&Y, saving me the money. I much prefer Athlete, 2 great albums from them.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 3 months later...