Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

19 minutes ago, R1Fan1 said:

Potentially they might be piloting the duo to see if Katie could potentially host with Dean full time, leaving Sam and Danni to do life hacks permenantly?

I mean there’s a possibility I mean I wouldn’t think too much of it but I do feel if they are a new duo some may feel there maybe then too many duo presenters and making the station feel too over staffed in some areas

7 minutes ago, Darren m said:

Maybe her and mollie king both have COVID which is why mollie is off at short notice 

I think it was mentioned at the start of the week that Matt Edmondson is solo this weekend. Best New Pop I assume is recorded later in the week, so it's easier to keep the Friday early breakfast host on for an extra half hour to do it live. Either way, whatever reason they're off, it's their business.

3 hours ago, michaelb said:

Mollie King is off this weekend. On Friday, Matt is hosting alone and it's non-stop dance bangers. On Saturday, Maisie Peters is hosting with Matt and on Sunday, Joy Crookes is hosting with Matt.

Vick Hope is hosting Life Hacks solo on the 7th of November

I do like the cohost thing from time to time sometimes it would be good to have it done in bank holiday or half term times 

Assume this is part of the scheduling changes that sound-system isn’t nt on Saturday due to the launch of the inaugural scholar for emerging women and non-binary DJ talent up and coming mixers in the dance and club scene its a credit to Annie’s career and legacy that she’s continually shaping and forging to be opening doors and still looking to the future of radio and music is rare to not be playing music with a nostalgic feel. One of radios most influential and greatest voices. With 50 years on the national state owned youth station it’s commendable to have such interest in music so fresh and new and to want to continue to open doors for people. Think from a broader point about Radio 1 that think some of the managerial teams at the rest of the BBC lack is the progressive innovation to keep things moving forward. With this scheme and the Christmas ‘beta’ presenter team of the next generation of voices in radio it’s good to see that Aled isn’t tangling himself with so much priorities in listener populist interests but too keep things moving in a more creative means 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/annie-nightingale-scholarship