Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

On 1/18/2024 at 12:13 PM, Lily Georgia said:

Lauren Layfield is in for Vick on Sunday 4th February.

She is much better on this slot with Katie to back her up.

Listening to her early breakfast show this morning she basically did a carbon copy show of the week before, where is the creativity or effort in that. Tell me your random thoughts in a morning and then saying she would be a banana and let people eat her is like listening to Alan Partridge. The whole thing was cringe. The cow thing also needed dropping, it didn't work the first week why would you do it across another 2 weeks. Having a farmer make a cow moo on the radio is simply not entertaining or even remotely funny and it sounded limp. Ok as a co-presenter with katie but I don't find her entertaining as a normal slot presenter. I don't think that just because a presenter comes from Capital early breakfast it makes them good for Radio 1.

13 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Alex hasn’t been on the radio since he did Fridays in November 2021, but he was very good and surprised he hasn’t been used since.

He does 1100 to 1500 Weekdays on Kiss Fresh and 1100 to 1400 on  Kiss at Weekends so his availability isn't huge (like with Emil).  But yes he was very good - I recall him doing one or two bits with Greg that were great.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:36 PM, AndyK77 said:

He does 1100 to 1500 Weekdays on Kiss Fresh and 1100 to 1400 on  Kiss at Weekends so his availability isn't huge (like with Emil).  But yes he was very good - I recall him doing one or two bits with Greg that were great.

Did you hear him covering Arielle today…strong!

On 1/25/2024 at 12:21 PM, Lily Georgia said:

Yinka Bokinni is in for Katie on Sunday 18th February.

Nat is in for Vicky from Monday 19th to Thursday 22nd February.

Nikita Kanda is in for Katie on Friday 23rd February.

Nikita Kanda is now in for Katie on Saturday 24th February too.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:32 PM, Sarah Johnson said:

It’s crazy how he can cover when he’s on a rival…unless there’s an exit/poach to R1 for him soon? 

They’re freelancers who presumably don’t have golden handshakes as they don’t have regular slots or ones that are tied down. As soon as they have a regular mainstream show on Radio 1 or global then that’s when golden handshakes occur 

56 minutes ago, Lily Georgia said:

Tinea Taylor is the Friday Early Breakfast presenter in March.

A very experienced presenter - she left Kiss at the end of last year.  Shows this slot is increasingly for trying new people generally as much as totally new talent from student/community/local radio.

2 hours ago, abertom said:

They’re freelancers who presumably don’t have golden handshakes as they don’t have regular slots or ones that are tied down. As soon as they have a regular mainstream show on Radio 1 or global then that’s when golden handshakes occur 

Alex should leave Kiss to pursue Radio 1 Cover