FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

John

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and you would be hard pushed to find two countries beside each other who truely want the other to do well. Hell, more often than not the closer they are the more they don't want them doing well.

I don't want Germany/Spain/Portugal to win, because here live so many people from these countries and when they win, I'll probably have no sleep at all. I'm happy that Italy and France are already out.

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

As with a lot of bigotry most people just feel this way because they have grown up with people around them who feel this way. A lot of bigots don't have a mind of their own and don't even know why they 'hate' these other people. As you say it's often 'because they're English' etc.....hmmmm and your point is?

I don't really know if it is worse in Scotland, to be fair I have only really experienced it from a Scottish point of view so I couldn't really say who is worse.

It's a load of nonsense! Errr and as for 'sometimes don't make it into tournaments' I think you're being a bit generous there Emma, more like never, haha!

Haha, I did originally put that but then I realised I couldn't as I wasn't sure if they were any good or not :P

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Wales don't support England.

Ireland don't support England.

Ireland don't support northern Ireland.

Wales don't support Scotland.

England don't support Wales.

England don't support Scotland.

England don't support France.

Could go on. Countires are rivals (many reasons; wars, etc.) and you would be hard pushed to find two countries beside each other who truely want the other to do well. Hell, more often than not the closer they are the more they don't want them doing well.

Most English people actually want Scotland, Wales and Ireland to win at sport if they aren't playing England.

Most English people actually want Scotland, Wales and Ireland to win at sport if they aren't playing England.

i wouldn't go that far, although there was a lot of support for the irish against the french last year.

on the grid.

fabio is a big part of the problem, sven did better than him. capello treated the camp like an army prison, had personal grudges aginst players (joe cole, michael owen), plus they had no freedom. too scared to sub rooney if he's playing bad. all that for the last 16? fuck off fabio, i'd rather have sven back or not go at all.

fabio is a proven manager, every england manager has had a different style with these same players, they had no discipline before fabio & the players all performed poor under each one.

gerrard, lampard & rooney should all be dropped, but if they were & fabio brought in new younger players he would get moaned at by the fans, because they would be losing games, but it takes time, the three big problems are,

the players are rubbish, overrated & want to play as individuals, france & italy were poor but not one of their players gave up in their last match, each one gave 100% not the england players though.

the set-up of the premiership, with the lack of younger england players coming through, its a big problem but not sure on the best way to sort it out though.

the fans want instant success, as above any prem manager who gets a young english player on the pitch & he has poor games as he is still getting used to the level, the manager will get hammered because he is playing him & he isn't performing, you cannot have a league like the prem & a good national side.

i hope hodgson turns the job down, if fabio goes which i hope he doesn't, there is only one manager who could do anything with this team & thats jose.

i don't care what gerrard & terry say "oh the players are hurting" , "the players care" etc, they don't give a fuck, because if they did they would have given their all in each & every game & they didn't, they were all shit, milner was the best player there full stop, the players have had it their way for far to long.

also what is this crap about scotland v england etc crap again, nobody cares about it & its not relevant to this thread topic either !!!

:)

You know yourself that's a lie. The only exception being Andy Murray, but even then, when he wins he's Brittish and when he losses he's Scottish.

Thought that generally happened across sport, was like that when David Coulthard was driving in F1 (and various other drivers in diff motorsports, Colin McRae in Rally, and especially now with Dario Franchitti, a Scot who won the Indy 500 this year for the second time off the back of his 2nd Indycar title), happens in Snooker, also sure there's been cases of it happening with Welsh and Irish as the English try to latch on to any glimmer of success that can be even slightly associated with them through the days of Empire...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

also what is this crap about scotland v england etc crap again, nobody cares about it & its not relevant to this thread topic either !!!

England are out of the "FIFA World CUp 2010 - South Africa" so they don't have alot of relevance to the topic anymore either ;]

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

England are out of the "FIFA World CUp 2010 - South Africa" so they don't have alot of relevance to the topic anymore either ;]

topic is about the world cup yes, & england are not in it anymore, however its still football related, if you want a discussion about inter-british race relations set up a thread about it.

oh & how many times has scotland won the world cup :giggle:

topic is about the world cup yes, & england are not in it anymore, however its still football related, if you want a discussion about inter-british race relations set up a thread about it.

oh & how many times has scotland won the world cup :giggle:

Was about to highlight the (admittidly) intended ironic idioticness here, but thaught it would be easier to just underline your whole account ;]

Seems rich that you are suddenly attempting to stop a thread de-railment when, from what I have seen, you bring up either how shit Greg James is or how amazing Edith is, in threads that are nothing to do with either ;]

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

Was about to highlight the (admittidly) intended ironic idioticness here, but thaught it would be easier to just underline your whole account ;]

Seems rich that you are suddenly attempting to stop a thread de-railment when, from what I have seen, you bring up either how shit Greg James is or how amazing Edith is, in threads that are nothing to do with either ;]

never once said greg is 'shit; all i have ever said is i don't like his style & i don't think he is very good & i may have said on occasion that edith is 'amazing' considering 'amazing' is one of her catchphrases i thought you would have been aware of the in-joke :rolleyes:

ok back on topic, the sooner the union is dissolved the better :)

ok, chill out alan hanson. so do we pick players from the championship, who cant cut it in the premiership.

there maybe younger players in the championship that play in the first team regularly who could be worth trying out, because as soon as any young player is seen by a prem side they get bought for a few hundred grand, played a couple of times, then left on the sidelines as there were not very good on the few showings they had, due to their lack of experience,

the players in the england team now, know they can walk into the starting eleven & thats the problem.

Why does the UK get to have 4 international football teams anyway? After all, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland aren't independent nations (even if some like to think otherwise). Following that logic Bavaria could have their own international team as well. I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm just curious why that is. Bearing in mind that at the Olympics there's only one British team, it's quite bizarre.

No Loitering

the players in the england team now, know they can walk into the starting eleven & thats the problem.

so do the germans, so do the brazilians etc. ballack was hardly on fire for chelsea last season, yet (if it wasn't for being injured) he would of walked straight into the starting 11 of the team. robinho would of also gotten picked for brazil even if he was still at man city. dosen't seem to cause them any problems. michael ricketts is a perfect example of giving 'lower players' a chance, when it came to it he just didn't have what it took.

on the grid.

what an awful match spain v portugal was. i know we got knocked out, but as a game itself the england/germany match was the best so far in the world cup. imagine watching that as a neutral compared to that lot tonight.

on the grid.