Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 to stop playing Radio 2 music?

Jono

A LITTLE musical war is brewing over at the BBC.

Radio 1 are threatening not to play any acts aired on Radio 2.

I'm assured that this is not because of the Breakfast Show battle going on between CHRIS MOYLES and CHRIS EVANS.

Then again, you can't help wondering...

The development is worrying senior music industry figures because lots of high-profile bands like TAKE THAT, LILY ALLEN and PAULO NUTINI currently get played on both stations.

A source told me: "There's a feeling that the two stations have got to stick to their own separate identities.

"Over the past few years their music policies have become quite similar.

"But bosses want Radio 1 to focus on new music and music which appeals to the under-25s.

"And they want Radio 2 to appeal more broadly to people in their late 20s and 30s."

If the playlist policy is put in place it would surely benefit Radio 2's Evans rather than Moyles.

It would mean the ginger star gets to play a load more mainstream tunes than his rival.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2819276/Music-war-between-Radio-1-and-Radio-2.html

"And they want Radio 2 to appeal more broadly to people in their late 20s and 30s."

It would mean the ginger star gets to play a load more mainstream tunes than his rival.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2819276/Music-war-between-Radio-1-and-Radio-2.html

As if people in their late 20s and 30s are gonna want to listen to Ken Bruce, or Mr Voicetrack Wrighty!!!

I dont see that Evans is a rival to Moyles as they each attract a totally different audience

people won't like new music as it's to divisive, just how much 'new' music is out there for the ages that R1 is supposed to be aimed at, that shit that x-factor peddles all them teens vote for the shit & they buy it & thats R1's target pity all the x-factor shit is just covers.

as for people in the twenties listening to Ken Brucie :shock: well Ken is a nice chap but i'm not dead so i don't listen to him.

Lily Allen music for example is new music, what R2 should play is covers then !

as for Chris Evans :confused: i have tuned in a few times & he seems to have disappeared up his own arse again, it's just "Oooo look at me, i was the bad boy of R1 & now i host the R2 Breakfast show" i do like Chris but he seems to be i dunno he just seems so fake & false :|

:)

The idea would be impossible to achieve!! At a time when music is really fluid and full of songs and styles from all decades.

What happens for re released tracks, or artists from reality programmes ? Will R1 stop playing any reality acts,or any remixes as they usually use other acts songs?

For instance does that mean this latest Haiti relief single would be automatically banned from R1 becasue the song was written by REM whose music is played largely to a R2 audience!