Unofficial Mills

Tom Deacon joins Radio 1 and Switch changes

StevieFM

I don't know - I'm 21 but I find Annie and Nick alright if I want some background noise. It's a bit hit and miss depending on the guests.

Depends what mood I'm in to be honest. There are times when I can bear them but I agree with what someone else said, it's the childish humour that gets me.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I'd like to have some good news about Radio 1 again...

Deacon is annoying. Childish, as many of you already said. Boring, silly. Don't like that. Surgery in an hour seems alright. Switch at 10 is a bit late, considering it is 11 in Germany, so I'll hardly be able to listen. But I quite liked Annie and Nick (not when they where alone, but as a duo they are really good...)

I'm wondering what Radio 1 will look like in five years when Deacon and Edmondson may be core parts of the Radio 1 schedule. 6music or Radio 2, here I come...

unique...

It seems to me Andy Parfitt needs reminding the target age is 15-24, not 8-13. I'm really not a fan of Tom Deacon- I find myself listening to Switch quite often and enjoying Annie and Nick, if not some of the music. Bit of a strange move, though not surprising- if the Daily Mail et al want evidence of BBC dumbing down then look no further!

Seems A good move, Annie and Nick aren't ever going to want to promote playlist fodder, especially Annie mac with her Annie Mac presents stuff. If they can play what they want at 10, 16-19 college and upper school kids can listen in ease, without cringing to the Kiddy stuff they had to pretend to like between 7 and 9.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...