Unofficial Mills

Spend time with the Chris Moyles team

Jono

I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed but I'm really not a fan of these competitions. I would rather have seen competitions that appealed to more than just one listener. N Dubz and Jamie Oliver don't excite me so although some people might be impressed, as someone that won't win the competition, I'm going to find it dull radio and it just seems a huge ploy to build up the younger listenership rather than looking after the older audience who may disappear today. Ah well... at least it'll all be over by Wednesday.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only found out about 10 days ago that DAB pocket radios were in the World.

I don't like these competitions either. I would definitely not want to hang out with Jamie Oliver, N-dubz may be a bit more enticing, and as to the CBB house - forget it!!

Incidentally, was reading yesterday that Kerry katona did not get in the CBB house because she failed the psychological tests. Would have thought that would have made her the perfect candidate.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

as everyone well knows i hate n-dubz. However i would have appreciated going karting so i could make dippy crash.

Ooh, didn't think of it like that...

I'm glad it's not just me who wasn't enjoying it- I think these competitions are a slightly rubbish idea. Didn't realise it's just this week though- glad about that. I did think he's have more interesting things to talk about this morning than "Go-karting with N-Dubz"- he mentioned it so many times it was getting on my tits. Not a particularly strong return, but I like the new jingles and hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Oh and are Rachel and Aled likely to be swapping back anytime soon? I miss her!

These competition prizes are v. weak... they smack of desperation actually.

Viv - I should have expected that the one line that actually offends me would have come from you! Please point out your comments are your opinions and not fact. I don't think they're desperation - I'm really proud if this week's comps they involve the listener at a time that celebs are few and far between. The prize isn't NDubs - the prize is hangin out with the team. We're doing it to celebrate 6 years and record figures so there are a lot of people who would like to win these. Thousands in fact judging by the number of entries.

So please don't snake statements about your opinions and dress them up as fact.

They're certainly not weak prizes. I would be happy to enter the Big Brother competition but I got too annoyed by the promotion of N Dubz and Jamie Oliver competition that I moaned about the whole thing so would feel silly entering for the BB prize ;)

I think it is more the fact that they have gone into corporate mode on the first day back whereas I normally enjoy a laid back show when it returns.

Aled, what is the show's obsession with n-dubz. and radio 1 do too. They're simply awful i'm their target audience and non of my mates like them. even chris doesn't seem to like them. as i said earlier "as everyone well knows i hate n-dubz. However i would have appreciated going karting so i could make dippy crash."

na na no.

etheridge_tom.png

I'm a huge fan of The Chris Moyles Show, huge, and would love to win either prizes but on this one I agree with Jono. After three weeks I'd have rather the show continued as normal, or a big new feature, as in actual feature, not just a competition which they will bang on about for ages and very few people will ever get to reap the benefits. Don't get me wrong, wonderful prize and unique to the Moyles Show, but give us a new feature as well as a competition guys.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Chris doesn't like features so that ends that one for me. As for NDubz. No-one - except maybe Chipmunk, or JLS - comes close to giving us the kind of listener reaction that we get when we involve NDubz. Chart, online hits, text feedback, calls to studio, crowd outside Radio 1 - they are number 1 in all those fields at the moment.

They have a very large and devoted - very young fan base and each time NDubz are involved with the show their fanbase tunes in. It's incredible to watch. We're not saying every young person loves them but those that do - love them. Plus you're wrong re Chris - he has so much respect for them as artists. The humour comes from the totally different world they come from.

very young fan base

Very telling of the current BBC Trust attitude toward Radio 1. It should be more about music taste than age range- you don't have be be twelve to enjoy new music! And indeed it should be 15+ that are catered to...

Not having a go at you Aled, just the ridiculous policy correlation between music and age!

They have a very large and devoted - very young fan base and each time NDubz are involved with the show their fanbase tunes in.
Because we can't be seen to be encouraging children to miss school.

Surely then N Dubz isn't quite the right target if it's workers you're aiming for? I guess it gets the listeners but surely it disappointed a lot of kids not being able to enter?