Unofficial Mills

Goodbye Everyone :(

E*F*4L

while repairing my PC i found the image below, the very first time i met Jono !

R1-2.jpg

i also have the links to the old R1 message boards in my browser & they are still active !

i was gutted when the boards closed & because of the post Jono made i found UM & also a great bunch of people :)

:)

Oh wow, that'a pretty old then.

They still link the message boards.

Radio1 website at the very bottom where it says contact, help, jobs ect.

How exactly are they closed, people can still post on there.

Or does Radio1 completely ignore them = 'closed'

no the bookmark is a direct link (even the RSS feeds work) but all the links on the pages are dead.

Why was it saved on your computer?

because i had the RSS feeds, i took the screenshot because message 25 was the last message to be posted on the boards i think, i dunno i was pretty :( when they said they were closing, i did sign up here but didn't post for quite some time, because i joined a forum called 'radio 1 after hours', but that also closed a few months later due to idiots on the site & they had had enough, i then started posting here.

i very rarely delete stuff from my pc/laptop.

Mhm, so Jono. How long do you see UM lasting for?

forever !

once Jono gets old he will pass on the admin & controls to another member he trusts & the site will continue with another generation carrying on from where we started, when we are all dead our spirit will live on here, UM will surly stand the test of time :)

it may become the unofficial R1 forum/site if Mills leaves, if Mills does leave & goes to a commercial station, i don't think they would be as ok as the BBC are with the content Jono puts up, because it will be taking away from their own site & their advertisers.

forever !

once Jono gets old he will pass on the admin & controls to another member he trusts & the site will continue with another generation carrying on from where we started, when we are all dead our spirit will live on here, UM will surly stand the test of time :)

it may become the unofficial R1 forum/site if Mills leaves, if Mills does leave & goes to a commercial station, i don't think they would be as ok as the BBC are with the content Jono puts up, because it will be taking away from their own site & their advertisers.

This has given me a brilliant idea....please view the new thread which I shall be creating in a moment...

Y4Ar5.png

This makes me sick.

I also love how Jono gets too old to run the site, but you imply there will be a significant gap before the rest of us, too, get old.

I think he means to imply that control will be passed to someone of another generation of UM users, someone who Jono would entrust his site too. I don't see that being too likely though.

yes exactly what i mean.

i don't know what Jono plan's to do with the site because it will continue to evolve & in ten years it could be completely different, even the unofficial Radio-2 site ;)