Unofficial Mills

James King for Film 2010?

Jono

Bah bah diddiddy bah du bah bah...

The brilliant Adam and Joe were talking about this recently. Very funny :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgQzSbwusJY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgQzSbwusJY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Y4Ar5.png

• 1 month later...

Here are the nominees in line to take Jonathan Ross's prestigious Film 2010 job.

We can reveal the favourites from the list are female TV stars Kirsty Young, 41, and Mariella Frostrup, 47.

Crimewatch presenter Kirsty and former News of the World film critic Mariella have both been in talks with the show's bosses.

The news will come as a shock to long-standing BBC film pundit Mark Kermode, 46, who was seen as hot favourite for the job.

But producers are concerned about his love of art-house cinema and dislike of blockbusters.

Also in the running are Screenwipe presenter Charlie Brooker, 38, and Radio 1 film critic James King, 35.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/entertainment/film/727271/Whos-new-Woss-Who-will-take-on-Jonathan-Rossrsquos-prestigious-Film-2010-job.html

Kirsty Young & Mariella Frostrup !

well i won't be watching anymore then :(

Kirsty Young knows little about movies & according to Mariella Frostrup every movie is great as long as it has nice things to look at & every so called blockbuster is great, to her the story etc doesn't come into it, she will be to busy sucking up to the actors/directors etc.

Kermode would be the best for the job :D

:)

Here are the nominees in line to take Jonathan Ross's prestigious Film 2010 job.

We can reveal the favourites from the list are female TV stars Kirsty Young, 41, and Mariella Frostrup, 47.

Crimewatch presenter Kirsty and former News of the World film critic Mariella have both been in talks with the show's bosses.

The news will come as a shock to long-standing BBC film pundit Mark Kermode, 46, who was seen as hot favourite for the job.

But producers are concerned about his love of art-house cinema and dislike of blockbusters.

Also in the running are Screenwipe presenter Charlie Brooker, 38, and Radio 1 film critic James King, 35.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/entertainment/film/727271/Whos-new-Woss-Who-will-take-on-Jonathan-Rossrsquos-prestigious-Film-2010-job.html

Out of those I'd rather have James easily.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Much as I adore Charlie Brooker (I might have mentioned it once or twice before), I don't, however, think he'd be suitable for this job. He's a little too satirical, opinionated, up himself (in the best possible way) and possibly not knowledgeable enough about films (apart from those starring zombies) to take on the job. Keep him on TV dissection/news duty please.

Frostrup's a little too, I don't know, fluffy. I don't much care for Kirsty. She's terribly brusque, and I don't feel I'd value her opinion enough to go and see a film on her recommendation.

Give James 'chiseled jaw' King a chance, I say.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

well i have tweeted Edith about it (& had a reply) :D

also i have written my letter to the controller of BBC One with my thoughts on who should be the new presenter/s of Film 2010.

If Edith Bowman get's on that show it will be the final nail in the coffin of Film 2010. James on his own, great, but Edith's movie talk is as entertaining as, well the rest of her show.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

If Edith Bowman get's on that show it will be the final nail in the coffin of Film 2010. James on his own, great, but Edith's movie talk is as entertaining as, well the rest of her show.

James will do the reviews just like Wossy did,. but in-stead of James doing the interviews Edith will do them.

in my letter i raised the issue of gender regarding film goers & that it is somewhat aimed at males, but having a female on FILM 2010 this will encourage more female viewers of the show., a lone female presenter will put males off the show (i think), also there can be a cross-over between the FILM 2010 show on TV & the Radio show on R1 & this would encourage younger viewers to FILM 2010.

i have actually thought this through you know, i have wrote a actual proper letter to Jacqueline Hunt.

i got a reply to my letter :D it had a proper written signature also!

from the big cheese Jay (the controller of BBC1)

she has said she will pass my comments & ideas onto the production team of FILM 2010.

:woo:

as she has passed it on to them, they will take notice of it for sure especially coming from the big boss & all.

really really hope that this happens now, this would be (as Edith would say) AMAZING !

Out of 10 how likely do we think they'll consider Edith?

it's James King for the reviews & Edith for interviewing the actors/directors etc

the letter :)

Dear Jacqueline Hunt,

I am writing to you in regards of the Film 2010 program, now that Jonathan Ross has left the BBC a replacement needs to be found for the Film 2010 program, I think that the best candidates for the job of presenting the program are James King (respected film reviewer) Edith Bowman (DJ/presenter) both James & Edith work at BBC Radio One currently, James is a very good film reviewer & Edith has been interviewing film stars, directors for years on her radio show, Edith has done quite a lot of red carpet interviewing also.

You could have James in the studio reviewing the films as normal but when a star or director has to be interviewed on a pre-record (as usually happens) Edith could easily do this as she is very good at interviewing, also there would be able to be some crossover with the weekend radio show Edith & James do, this will help bring younger viewers to the Film 2010 TV program.

Having both male & female presenters of the show will help bridge the gender gap, as films are seen more as a male form of entertainment having a female presenter will help to engage more of a female audience, but by having the show presented by a just a lone female this could well turn male viewers off, so by having both James & Edith you are solving this issue from arising.