Unofficial Mills

James King for Film 2010?

Jono

don't think King has enough depth & is maybe a tad to young for Film 2010+,

Kermode on the other hand is a very good critic, however his style may be to harsh for Film 2010+ & reviews to aloof for mainstream, 90% of the weeks films would get 3 out of 10, he already does reviews for BBC News 24 & 5Live, also im not sure he would get to many guests to interview he is quite outspoken & not afraid to speak his mind just how much would directors & actors put up with before they declined to be on the show.

i would like it if Kermode did take over Film 2010+ but i fear that it may be to low brow for him.

Kermode at his best :hahaha:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZMfe4qnoKU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZMfe4qnoKU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2fZbmdwszs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2fZbmdwszs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

Ohhh that's who 'Kermode' is. I like him :)

:eek: you don't know who Kermode is ?

as do i ("like him"), i have listened to Mark for years & his reviews pull no punches (not suggesting that Wossy's didn't) but directors & actors don't want to be told to their face that there movie is crap which is what Mark does & his movie of the week is usually something quite avant-guarde or unusual nothing wrong with them it's just not the popular choice.

The BBC will definitely not axe 'Film....'.

I'm not particularly partial to Kermode, or 'commode' as I refer to him. He simply seems to go for the shock aspect, rather than giving a rounded review.

James 'chiselled jaw' King is an affable type. His reviews are honest and generally amusing. I often agree with his opinion too, which does help. I'm certain that he would do a good job on Film 2010/11 if he were given the chance.

Trouble is, I reckon the BBC will think he's too young to take on the mantle. Mind you I was pretty surprised when the loud mouthed Wossy got the gig, so who knows?

Bring back Barry Norman! Who ironically also fell out with the BBC...

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Why not consider giving film 2010 to both Edith and James King?

I lkie James King's film reviews better than Kermode's. Kermode is interesting and entertaining on things like the culture show, but I cant tell from his reviews whether or not I'd like to actually see the film. Which is a useless attribute for a film critic! Whereas James actually tells you enough about the films to form an opinion yourself.

And Edith would love interviewing everybody and talking about films...

Why not consider giving film 2010 to both Edith and James King?

I lkie James King's film reviews better than Kermode's. Kermode is interesting and entertaining on things like the culture show, but I cant tell from his reviews whether or not I'd like to actually see the film. Which is a useless attribute for a film critic! Whereas James actually tells you enough about the films to form an opinion yourself.

And Edith would love interviewing everybody and talking about films...

what a brilliant idea !

that could actually work.

anyone know how to contact Jay Hunt head of BBC1 programming ?

maybe Jono can use one of his contacts :) please

what a brilliant idea !

that could actually work.

anyone know how to contact Jay Hunt head of BBC1 programming ?

maybe Jono can use one of his contacts :) please

They are partial to a *dot* between the persons name in email addresses at the Beeb. Try that, however I doubt we will hear a mention of your email in the next programming meeting. ;)

I would assume it's pretty easy to guess someone's e-mail at the BBC if you know their name.

well i know about the (name) (dot) @ bbc.co.uk but i wanted to know for sure that it was the right address, there must be someway to contact someone at the programming department at the BBC :(