Unofficial Mills

Robbie Williams at the Electric Proms

Jono

Robbie Williams' comeback concert for the BBC Electric Proms will be broadcast in cinemas around the world.

The concert on 20 October will be beamed live to almost 200 screens across Europe. It will also be shown later in Australia and South Africa.

Williams said: "It's very exciting to think that a one-off performance I play in London can be seen simultaneously by people all across the world".

He recently spoke about how stage fright meant he had no plans to tour.

Williams told BBC Radio 2 host Ken Bruce: "I get tremendous stage fright that's getting in the way of me enjoying it... it's terrifying. I want to find a way around it."

The proms concert will be the singer's first major show in three years. It will also be broadcast on Radio 1.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8290326.stm

The Scott Mills interview goes out at 7pm on Tuesday 20th October. The live set airs 9pm to 10.30pm (Nihal is on between 10.30pm and midnight). There will be an hour long repeat of when Scott met Robbie at 12am on Sunday 25th October 2009.

Do people around the world really care about a Robbie performance? O.o

He still seems to make front page news so it seems possible.

I'm interested to know whether Robbie's Bones would have got half the airplay it has had and promotion if Robbie wasn't going to do the Electric Proms. It's a bit of the Madonna and effect and 4 Minutes.

It was played to death just before it was announced Madonna was to play Radio 1's Big Weekend. I can only assume the constant promotion for Bodies is in a similar vein.

There is going to be a BIG Robbie Williams announcement on Moyles' Show on Friday, and it sounds like it's going to be a competition of some kind!!

Check out Moyles from 0630 hours on Friday!!!

Well done Robbie for a fantastic performance on X-factor last night!! Out of tune, yeah, but he still had the studio audience in the palm of his hand, and he knew it!! He seemed genuinely grateful for the reception he got, and came across as a very, very nice guy. So glad to see him back. :-)

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Guest inxces4308

Hmmmm....Let me guess....... Robbie williams is about to play at the Electric Proms....Hmmm....I wonder what radio 1 could possibly be doing/giving away?

Tickets? :o

* Note the sarcasm otherwise I look like a gormless idiot!

I love Robbie & loved his performance on the X Factor. I agree also that he was out of tune etc but then we love him for being an entertainer not an amazing singer but what I didn't like was the fact that he seemed to be off his face!! The eyes, the fidgeting, the way he was speaking when he was talking to Dermot..... I was really looking forward to his "comeback" but if it is just going to be another big downwards spiral he'd be as well stopping now :(

I really, really don't want him to get back with Take That if that is going to be the way he is again :( (I don't want him back with them full stop but it does seem like it is inevitable now :()

glitzy.jpg

Guest inxces4308

Tuned in before for a little bit and he sounded great singing Come Undone. Really looking forward to watching it tomorrow on t'Iplayer.

The funny bit I found of Come Undone was that robbie diden't sing the swear words, sh*t and f**k but instead the audience sung them back and it was REALLY loud! :)