Unofficial Mills

The End of Allen

Tom.

<!-- google_ad_section_start --> Lily Allen has confirmed that she has no intention of recording a follow-up album to this year's It's Not Me, It's You.

The singer recently revealed that she would star in a stage production of Neil LaBute's Reasons To Be Pretty and would not "record and tour again for quite a while".

Writing on her It's Not Alright blog, Allen said: "Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record (applause).

"I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade."

She added: "The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I'm concerned, so I don't (at this point) stand to profit from legislation.

"Except future purchases of previously recorded material (which wont be much)."

Digital spy.

etheridge_tom.png

Did anyone else misread this thread title, as I just did, and think EF4L was leaving us?

I'm sure Lily Allen will be back as soon as she's written something interesting. Perhaps it's sensible for her to take a break now, if she's feeling tired/can afford to do so. Judging by how stressed out other young female singers seem to become whilst under pressure, it seems a good plan overall.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Did anyone else misread this thread title, as I just did, and think EF4L was leaving us?

:hahaha: no chance, it has crossed my mind a few times though.

Lily said she was going to be in some play last month & not do anymore music, i don't think she will stop alltogeather may just do the odd single now & then.

as i said i did like her & her music :)

:)

• 2 weeks later...