Unofficial Mills

Jo, Edith & Gregs last songs

E*F*4L

listened to all Jo & Edith's shows today,

i think it would have been better if Jo had been in the studio, but she wouldn't have wanted to be there i don't think.

1-1.jpg

Edith's show was great today, loved the music just a pity she didn't have more of a free choice of music over the years (et-al Jo's show) like she had today, i thought David was proper funny & a great guest for the final show & great track to close her final afternoon show.

its the end of a era for me & R1 i think, only two what would call proper dj's on daytime now Moyles & Mills, not sure this shock treatment is the right way for R1 to go, but im getting older no denying that yet i still prefer the music on R1 to any-other station, push me away if you like.

Steph was right in her first post when it was announced that Edith was leaving Daytime, i am gutted about it :( , i agree that sometimes the movie bits went on a bit to long & that was a issue if you didn't like movies, but i felt that she could engage better with the listener than any of the other dj's, & the times with Colin were great some of the things they got up to :giggle: i am going to miss her singing along to the tracks (loved that) though, i always thought that when Jo's time was up that Edith was guaranteed to take over the show& i really believe that Edith would have made the show even better & maybe Jo wouldn't have taken it so bad, if Edith was taking over instead of Fearne, feeling it the more natural choice, anyway whats done is done.

article-1064198-02617A4B00000578-99.jpg

it hasn't been easy though over the years supporting one of the least popular people on R1, but at least you lot here were not as bad as the people on the R1 message boards :(

i hope you all take my comments on Greg in the same good natured way i have the Edith ones over the years :)

:)

Edith's not the worst DJ on R1, it was her show format that she had to stick to that was horrid.

Radio 1 are always guaranteed to lose me at 7pm on a Friday night. I don't want to listen to that dance music all night, it's when I usually switch to my ipod in work or Kerrang/Scuzz on tv. Currently listening to Cradle of Filth :D

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I think Edith is quite an optimistic person, but I do find it strange that she hasnt sounded as if she thinks there is any difference between daytime mid afternoons and weekend mornings? Id reckon that there is, and Edith could be in denial about it!

She was just like that when colin left and spent months doing a solo show, sounding as if she expected colin to walk in at any second!

But maybe Im doing her a dis-service maybe she is glad to move into a slightly less pressurised brand new show, where she isnt always going to be compared to the show she did with colin!

hmmm, i dunno about her being in denial,

Edith doesn't like to fail, always tries her best to do things & is also very enthusiastic about what she does done that is what she has said in the past & from what i have seen quite true.

doing the weekends give her more time with Rudy in the week & this i suppose will help her slow down, she has always been 'to' active & even though she was diagnosed with heart problems a few years ago, she still worked right up to a few weeks before Rudy was due & returned just a few months after he was born, it didn't sound like there were any issues but maybe there were & it was getting to much for her, she even used to cycle everywhere (until her bike was stolen the other week).

working weekend R1 i would think is still better than working at any other radio station & maybe if Fearne's show doesn't work out Edith may get it ?

:)

I think Edith is quite an optimistic person, but I do find it strange that she hasnt sounded as if she thinks there is any difference between daytime mid afternoons and weekend mornings?

You think she'd be saying to her listeners something like 'yes, I've finally been taken off weekday lunchtimes. God, now I have to get up at some ungodly hour on Saturdays! Why do I even bother? I'll just fill out my P45 now.'

hmmm, i dunno about her being in denial,

Edith doesn't like to fail, always tries her best to do things & is also very enthusiastic about what she does done that is what she has said in the past & from what i have seen quite true.

doing the weekends give her more time with Rudy in the week & this i suppose will help her slow down, she has always been 'to' active & even though she was diagnosed with heart problems a few years ago, she still worked right up to a few weeks before Rudy was due & returned just a few months after he was born, it didn't sound like there were any issues but maybe there were & it was getting to much for her, she even used to cycle everywhere (until her bike was stolen the other week).

working weekend R1 i would think is still better than working at any other radio station & maybe if Fearne's show doesn't work out Edith may get it ?

C'mon 'fess up Alan. Where have you stashed it?

I found both Jo and Edith's last shows pretty disappointing. In particular, I still can't believe we had to endure over an hour of Coldplay on Jo's last show! Total Rrrrrubish.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

C'mon 'fess up Alan. Where have you stashed it?

I found both Jo and Edith's last shows pretty disappointing. In particular, I still can't believe we had to endure over an hour of Coldplay on Jo's last show! Total Rrrrrubish.

Despite the fact Coldplay are amazing, I agree, there's a time and a place and all that.

samozzy.png