Unofficial Mills

Fearne's new morning show

E*F*4L

Fearne Cotton weekdays 10-12:45 Radio-1

people seem to have a problem with Jo leaving & Fearne taking over, if i'm honest i did think that Edith was the perfect choice & natural successor to take over Jo's show, anyway,

i think Fearne will do well & make the show her own & build on what Jo has done over the years & take it in a new direction, she won't let it fail.

good luck Fearne :)

:)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fearne Cotton weekdays 10-12:45 Radio-1

people seem to have a problem with Jo leaving & Fearne taking over, if i'm honest i did think that Edith was the perfect choice & natural successor to take over Jo's show, anyway,

i think Fearne will do well & make the show her own & build on what Jo has done over the years & take it in a new direction, she won't let it fail.

good luck Fearne :)

I'll leave it to you to start the 'good luck Greg James' thread as well.

'It wasn't ageism that got me the job on Radio 1, it was talent'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/sep/13/fearne-cotton-radio-1-ageism

Oh dear Fearne... In no way was it her talent/personality (or lack of) that got her the job, it was the targets of the BBC Trust. If she honestly believes she gained the job on merit alone as opposed to age/looks then she's a bigger fool than I took her for. Jo Whiley's show still works fabuously, yet whilst solo (I think F&R sound good together) Fearne simply doesn't have the entertainment factor to make you want to tune in again. It merely follows the desire for change and to appear to appeal to the teen market- who we all know are at school at this time! Ridiculous. It the show was awarded by talent and popularity then if a replacement was needed it would have quite blatantly been given to Sara Cox.

I'm starting to think Fearne's show is being bigged up too much like it's going to transform the morning show to something new. I honestly think all that we'll see is probably the axing of Changing Tracks and the addition of New Music Generator. I expect it will just be the Jo Whiley show without Jo Whiley.

Wow, and to think Alan was worried Greg would be the one with no ideas. A huge shame about this show so far. Proof as ever the station is only interested in age and not entertainment. I will keep listening though and decide properly on Friday.

Wow, and to think Alan was worried Greg would be the one with no ideas. A huge shame about this show so far. Proof as ever the station is only interested in age and not entertainment. I will keep listening though and decide properly on Friday.
Out of interest Jono, what haven't you liked? I've quite enjoyed Fearne so far...

Nope. No me gusta, para nada! Don't like. At all.

I've given the vacuous Ms Cotten 50 minutes longer than I'd planned to - so noone can accuse me of being unfair. In the words of Mitchell and Webb: this is a very "bad miss" from R1.

Pffffft.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.