Unofficial Mills

Moyles + Mills : How Would You Feel About Changes?

Viv

Right. I've been looking over discussions on other forums re: changes if Moyles did move on next year .... So, someone has suggested Radio 2 for the Moyles team....

So, what do you think of all this? Would you switch back and forwards between stations, to listen to Scott and Chris? Would you embrace all the R1 changes? Would you convert to Radio 2?

I can't quite get my head round it all at the moment.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

i'm not old enough for R2 yet, so no.

cannot see Moyles going to R2 anyway, just imagine the papers etc when they find out that (boring) Wogan has been replaced by Moyles ! the daily Fail would explode :rolleyes:

then again maybe they should do it just to piss the oldies off :hahaha:

:)

I'm enjoying certain shows on R2 at the moment. I've discovered 'The Vine' as in Jeremy, and have decided I quite like him. I can't quite picture Moyles & Team there at all easily somehow.

The boring things Chris Evans sometimes has discussed you would not believe, compared with how he used to be. :-/

I think if Scott and Chris both leave, I may find another Station, because R1 seems to be dumbing down more & more, what with Grimmy, etc. Or maybe it's just a "difficult period" at the moment?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Guest inxces4308

I don't listen to Mills so therefore wouldn't listen to R1 very often.

I can't see Moyles going to Radio 2 at the moment.

However, I can see him going out into commercial radio again and doing what Howard Stern does in the US, but not charging listeners like he does. I'd imagine he will go to the GMG network or something like that, perhaps something bigger.

Then, i think he will probably mellow a little and a few years later be picked up by Radio 2.

I hope he doesn't mellow but it may be what has to happen for him to continue on Radio 2.

Personally I'd follow Scott around and listen to him online most likely. He could come back to Key 103 therefore increasing my chances of meeting him lol.

I'd most likely catch a few of Moyles shows too wherevever he moves to, but can't see the whole team moving. Carrie & Dom have Newsbeat, Rachel would shift to another show I expect, same with Aled & Matt.

Chappers & Dave could still cover for people maybe?

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I'd follow them both to whatever slot they moved to.

I don't think Chris would go to Radio 2; if he moved from breakfast I reckon he'd get a weekend slot.

I hope neither of them move in the near future, their current schedule seems perfect to me.

I'd follow Scott, probably, but I can't see him being half as good on nearly any other station, Radio1 gives their DJ's a lot of freedom in comparison to some/most(?) commercial stations.

I think Radio1 would still be my default station though, I like most Dj's on the station.

Yeah I'd definitely follow Scott to another station.....although I don't really want to think about him moving anywhere at the moment whether it's to a different slot on R1 or a different station :( .

Think I'd give Moyles a listen at a different time or place but it really wouldn't be that bothered about him moving as I don't listen to his show religiously.

To be honest, I really can't be bothered thinking about what changes might take place in a year or so, I'd rather just enjoy the way things are just now and discuss changes whenever they may happen.

:yeahthat: Couldn't have put it better myself. Especially the last paragraph. Then again, maybe we're being a tad unreasonable? I suppose forums do exist mainly for debate and a fair bit of speculation.

Hmmm. Dunno.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

My main issue with Scott moving to breakfast would be if Floorfillers was dropped- I think this is a great feature but definitely wouldn't work on breakfast and I can't think who would take over and carry on with it- maybe Vernon could do it on pre-record?

caitlynmac.png

Guest inxces4308
I think it would be stupid for any of the to move!

MOYLES ON RADIO 2 how long would it be until he would want to go back to radio 1's breakfast show, and Scott's not going any were I forbid it!!

<3 Scott <3

Can't even read what you wrote because of the colour!

honestly it depends on what they where replaced with! I can see Greg on drive in a few years, but I cant see Scott on Breakfast permanently, and I think he will be a Radio 2 candidate over Moyles! When moyles leaves breakfast I think he will take some time out and maybe do more TV work before returning to radio - for him there is nothing quite as big as R1 Breakfast so I dont think he would go any where straight away! Replacing him will be difficult but I think it will be a new "BIG" signing for the station not an internal move!

I think everyone in the industry now seems to think that Moyles will leave at the end of this contract. (In a year) He has signed 2 year deals for the last 2 contracts so to sign a 1 year deal doesnt bode well. But hey, hes done the show for 6 years for gods sake. Its a record!

Scott will go to Breakfast, its a dead cert. Wouldnt be surprised though if he gets a big name female co-host. The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Scott Mills and Fearne Cotton? Could work.....Fearne being the big name draw, Scott being the talent. See Kevin Greening and Zoe Ball circa 1997. It will be a poisoned chalice though...cant see anyone beating Moyles.

The above poster is right that I think Scott Mills could stay at the BBC until he retires. Like Mayo, as he gets older I expect he will be able to adapt easily to both Radio 2 and Five Live. Think Moyles will spend 5-6 years in the wilderness before coming back to BBC Radio. Probaly starting off on Five Live or something.

Moyles will not be on R2 Breakfast for about 10-20 years...when we are all in our 40s! Probaly when either Jonathan Ross or Chris Evans reach retirement age.

Guest inxces4308

Scott will go to Breakfast, its a dead cert. Wouldnt be surprised though if he gets a big name female co-host. The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Scott Mills and Fearne Cotton? Could work.....Fearne being the big name draw, Scott being the talent. See Kevin Greening and Zoe Ball circa 1997. It will be a poisoned chalice though...cant see anyone beating Moyles.

Can't see that happening. Thats 'Zoo format' which is really old hat now, hense why most commercial stations have bad listening figures!