Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Parody Album

popbitcher

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now it's actually out, many people get it?

I've been enjoying it, listened to it quite a few times. Not really worried about the "overproduction", I think it sounds great blasting it in my headphones really loudly. It's well recorded and sounds great (for the majority of it) and I love the songs.

It's a good collection, personally I think the newer ones are stronger (the first half of the album mainly), with Waterproofs and Liar being highlights of recent parodies, and Barack Obama and Nana Window hold up really well as full songs despite what you may expect. Other favourites include Dom in Jose (the "if I was a number..." line cracks me up) and Davina McCall is a fun song.

However, the unexpected highlights are some of the original tracks, with Album Track and Funeral Song being really funny, catchy, and possibly my favourites on there. Never Gonna Show... eeh, it's good, but I don't think it really hits the style/standards of the Christmas songs it's going after. Possibly not the strongest to be the single off the album, but hey, Christmas single, everyone's got to have a go...

On the whole, really like it.

The only thing that pisses me off is that the 20 minute making of video is only on iTunes, and only when you buy the full album.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

I have the making of video =]

I played "Jose" to my boyfriend the other night. He cracked up and has now sworn to buy the album. He's never heard Chris Moyles before. ^.^

Out of all of them, my Favourites are "Liar" and "My Parody Album" (I've only got enough tracks for a bloody EP = LOL!), With "Barack Obama" and "Jose" being much loved too. I thought that "Lorrydriver" and "I Predict a Diet" aren't the best, Well, in my opinion, although I have a hatred for Womanizer (Woke up to my ex-flatmate dancing to it every morning. Too much of a good thing), so I guess thats why. Love most of the originals, although "Never gonna snow" is pretty poor by the standard of the rest of the album, but it's still better than most of the crap on the radio at the moment (seriously).

Overall, love it. It's amazing.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

I didn't realise it was on Spotify, so I'm listening on there. I maintain exactly what I said: it's way too overproduced but in a way that makes it sound like a local pub novelty album. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be and that's a shame. I know he loves Weird Al and Howard Stern, who both do these kinda parodies, but the Stern ones are generally turned into things about Robin's "big fat black tits" and other topics that you simply can't get away with here, and Weird Al writes much smarter lyrics and is ungodly close in his parody to the original artist which is what makes his parodies legendary - he really takes time to fine tune all the subtle little things that the artist does to mimic them. This is just an album of songs with new words about Burger King. Very meh.