Unofficial Mills

Exam Time BOOOO!

E*F*4L

Thanks Alan :) I don't have any exams but I have two assignments for tomorrow. After that I'm free! Good luck everyone. Can't be easy doing all these big exams at the end of the year and your enire grade depending on how you do. What if you're having a bad day?:confused:

Thanks Alan. I've got 3 more exams to do, one is at 1:30pm today, one next Monday, then one next Thursday. It really sucks that I have exams from 9am on the first day of exam season to the penultimate day of exam season. Oh and all my housemates finish today. My housemate is like a 6 year old on Christmas morning today, he's really annoying me. They're all going out tonight and tomorrow night and Saturday and probably every other night in the next week but I've got to stay in and revise WAAAHHHHH.

Oh and since I messed up the dissertation, the exams are really important and I can't afford to slack off :( and it's gonna be all sunny too.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I've got four in three consecutive days next week. I just have to keep reminding myself not to stress over politics because my mark's pretty safe, but it's not working at the moment. I don't think I'm going to bother revising for media, and only a little for comms. Tomorrow I'm going to try and blitz the law units. :)

Grace, one word: resits! I had a similar situation in my AS exams, they all seemed to be around the same time.

Well, everyone's finished, they're going out to get hammered (including a couple of my friends who each have 1 exam left but don't care) and I am living it up in the library. Shit times. This time next week I'll be freeeeeee. It's going to be a very long week.

Grace, one word: resits! I had a similar situation in my AS exams, they all seemed to be around the same time.

I plan to never have to do a resit, ever. I think I'd do much worse second time around, and the extra stress would probably kill me. Doesn't it show up on your UCAS application if you've done resits too?

I plan to never have to do a resit, ever. I think I'd do much worse second time around, and the extra stress would probably kill me. Doesn't it show up on your UCAS application if you've done resits too?

I did quite a lot of resits. My school was quite into them. It didn't show up on my UCAS application but I don't know if they do now cos me applying for uni was now quite a long time ago. I found resits helpful because I understood more economics in the 2nd year of the course than the first year. And it definitely helps with language translation papers, can get a much better mark a year later.

They're talking about GCSEs on 5live and it makes me feel well old, as I did mine 5 years ago.

Got 2 exams left. Think the one on Monday should go ok but the one on Thursday is a bit of a write-off. I just need to make sure I get plenty of sleep which I seem to have been failing to do lately.

Doesn't it show up on your UCAS application if you've done resits too?

Well, my college actively encouraged us all to do resits in our second year, even if we hadn't done that badly in our AS year they still convinced us to do them anyway, just to up our overall marks that little bit more. So it can't mess up your uni application too much. But as Cinders says the rules might have changed since I applied for uni, which was a good 3 years ago, so I don't know for sure.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Ive got 3 more one next week and 2 the week after the week after.

You put the grades for your latest exam on ucas and your reference says that your resiting it.

And its the papers with the odd amount of marks you have to watch out for because they stretch the grades. I got 60% on my geography synoptic and it came out at 20% when they changed it to UMS I was/am well :grrr: because I revised loads and got 10/15 for every question and i got a U. And my friend who put practically the same points got a A, and he only got like 10 more marks than me. Hopefully i will do better this time, as its my last exam.

Sam

Guest CancerForTheCure

I'm done with my exams. It was the worst period in my whole life. Could anyone remind me why on earth I decided to do Law?

I'm done with my exams. It was the worst period in my whole life. Could anyone remind me why on earth I decided to do Law?

Because there's lots of money in it...?

I'm currently trying to work out what the hell "engendering mimetic forms of rationality" could possibly mean. It's not good when you have to look up more than half the words in a dictionary or on Wikipedia. Why academics can't just write in plain English I don't know.

UMS are strange, I didn't realise people could be pulled down by them that much as well. Here they use all kinds of bizarre algorithms to decide whether people should go up a degree class or not if they're near a boundary. That's why I need to do well in these exams to get properly into 2:1 territory. One of my friends has the same exam as me on Monday but hasn't bothered doing any revision because he got a 1st in his dissertation.

That's kind of the point of exams and coursework. No point in rewarding people for doing badly.

No,

An extreme example but this is practically what happened to me.

Someone could get 40/70 on the paper =U = 44ums

someone else could get 44/70 = C = 90 ums

and a third person get 47 = A = 110ums

Its not fair having 7 real marks (thats less than the QWC) having the diffrence between an A and a U when there is a diffrence of 66 UMS. When that U could have been a C or a B in past years. And your overall grade is based on the UMS.

Sam

No,

An extreme example but this is practically what happened to me.

Someone could get 40/70 on the paper =U = 44ums

someone else could get 44/70 = C = 90 ums

and a third person get 47 = A = 110ums

Its not fair having 7 real marks (thats less than the QWC) having the diffrence between an A and a U when there is a diffrence of 66 UMS. When that U could have been a C or a B in past years. And your overall grade is based on the UMS.

Yes you all have the same mark in the exam but what about in the coursework?